Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Perscription anti-emetic

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pepto Bismol

3 11.11%
  • Herbal or alternative medicines

3 11.11%
  • OTC anti-emetic (Dramamine, Benadryl,etc)

6 22.22%
  • Relaxation techniques

1 3.70%
  • Other (explain if you would like)

7 25.93%
  • More than one of the above

7 25.93%

Just curious to see what methods people are using the most when they begin to freak out over n*.

Edit: Shoot. I had a "duh" moment. The subject was meant to be the poll question, and the poll question was meant to be an option. If you use perscription anti-emetics the most often, select "OTC anti-emetics" or "other" and leave a post (if you would like).Edited by: swtcatastrphe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In the first instance I use relaxation techniques - well deep slow breaths, then if it carries on then I'll take a Motilium (domperidone, i think?) I'm going to get some phenergan though for night time n* cos i've heard alot of people on here say they use it plus there's the drowsiness thing which should knock me out!

I have used pepto-bismol in the past but i've never been very sure if it is actually an anti-emetic or not?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I allways play Tetris or Dr. Mario on my gameboy. It allways makes me feel better. I have NEVER taken an antiemetic. I did buy some Dramimine after seeing on here in another post but I haven't taken it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by paulinek
    In the first instance I use relaxation techniques - well deep slow breaths, then if it carries on then I'll take a Motilium (domperidone, i think?) I'm going to get some phenergan though for night time n* cos i've heard alot of people on here say they use it plus there's the drowsiness thing which should knock me out!

I have used pepto-bismol in the past but i've never been very sure if it is actually an anti-emetic or not?
    I am not sure if Pepto is an anti-emetic or not, but I know from the popularized song it combats "Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diharrea!!" I have had a lot of success from it (liquid max strength or chewables ~ the swallowable ones don't seem as effective for me).

Quote Originally Posted by kellybeth
    I allways play Tetris or Dr. Mario on my gameboy. It allways makes me feel better. I have NEVER taken an antiemetic. I did buy some Dramimine after seeing on here in another post but I haven't taken it yet.
    Tetris does have a calming effect ... I definitely see how that could help. Maybe I will try that next time ~ I have it installed on my cell phone (:

I love Tetris! My high score is 949 lines!!!!

If it's strong< I take Cerucal.
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

Another curious question ~ I know a lot of people here have perscription
    anti-emetics, but how did you get perscribed them? Did you tell your doctor
    that you are emetophobic and needed them to relax? Were they perscribed
    to you for another reason? Did you fake that you had been t*u* constantly
    and needed them? Did you get them by some illegal way? I am not here to
    judge people about how they get their perscriptions, I would just like to
    know.

I use Phenergan (promethazine) which my doctor prescribed for me because I get migraines.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

I use mint gum, it works everytime for me haha
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

swtcatastrphe,
    I just ask my GP, and she gives me the prescription with no problems))
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

I almost always end up falling back on Klonopin or Ativan when the fear is at it's worst, but when I'm trying *really* hard not to rely on meds, I use peppermint tea or gum.

Also, for some reason, chugging water & sucking on a cough drop seems to help me, too.

I normally use relaxation techniques along with sucking on really strong peppermint candies. If the feeling persists then I use something like Gravol or Dramamine. If it's really bad and I think I might v* I take Phenergan/promethazine, which I order from CanadaDrugs.com.
    Elizabeth

Ordered one anti-emetic from a canadian pharmacy, no prescription needed...I think it was Motillium.My zofran is courtesy of my OB who was very generous with them during my last pregnancy, which was unfortunately over 2 years ago. I still have plenty, but their "expiration" dates are nearing....don't know how I'll get it after that??

I play tetris when I'm anxious/n* too! Funny...we could start a tetris club.

I've used gravol, phenergan, sometimes zofran in the past. I'm trying not to use them as much now because I felt I was finding an excuse to take something almost daily for reassurance and that bothers me. I've been practicing deep breathing/relaxation techniques. Got some ginger tea, chew pepermint gum and basically try to distract myself and so far I'm not doing too bad. Gravol and Phenergan are OTC in Canada, I have an Rx for zofran from my doctor after complaining of a lot of unrelieved nausea. Zofran is very expensive. My drug plan covers it but it's $10 a pill here!