Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: My cat

Hybrid View

I must be out of my freakin mind.

I have 4 cats. I'm not one of those crazy cat ladies or anything but I love them.

Last year I adopted 2 sister cats from a local shelter. They were buy one get one free. (Sure they were) They both were under weight and terrified. They also had half missing and broken tails. After having them a few weeks I found out that I had ring worm. And by further inspection I found that the new cats had ring worm and gave it to me and my other 2 cats. I spent loads of money to get rid of the ringworm over the next few months. Then Pixie, one of the sister cats, starts peeing on stuff around my house. Mainly my couch. So over the last 9 or 10 months I have been back and forth trying differnt foods and having urine samples.

So not to bore everyone...... I decided to have bladder surgery on my cat. It turned out she had some pieces of a bladder stone that had broken up into what looked like shards of glass. She also had a cyst that took up 1/3 of her bladder. I hope this makes her stop peeing on my couch. If she doesn't I think my boyfriend will kill me and the cat.

So to sum it all up... I spent an additional $772.12 on the cat yesterday. I think I have lost my mind. But the cat is only 1 1/2 years old. Did I do the right thing? I haven't told a lot of people because they think I'm nuts to spend so much money on a free cat.

I dont think youre nuts, you obviously love the little kitty!

Recently our beloved bunny Ralphy got really poorly, he had to have an operation but sadly although he made it through the op, he didnt make it, it cost £465 in total but we would have spent whatever it cost to get him well.

Laney x

Laneyb I'm so sorry about little Ralphy thats so sad but you know you did your very best for him xx

Kellybeth - No you're not nuts at all, liek Laneyb I would move heaven and earth to get whatever money I could if my bun got sick and needed medical help, god I feel like a terrible bunny mum if i can't afford to get him his favourite treats one week [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img] - Last week i discovered he'd learnt to jump up on the top of his hutch where i store all his bits and bobs and he'd chewed through the lid of one of theplastic tubs his treats are in and ate a whole packet of alfalfa sticks in one go, the most they should have is 1 a day which he has at bedtime,needless to say he was a very sorry for himself looking rabbit for the rest of the evening, thank goodness buns can't v* cos he certainly looked like he wanted to...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aw no, you're doing the right thing. You're definitely not nuts. Cats are such lovely pets. Mine had cysts in her bladder and if they hadn't gone away on their own I think we would have paid any amount to get her fixed up. It was awful seeing her in pain.

And you're not a crazy cat lady. My boyfriend and his twin have 4 cats too lol.
    Crayon

I keep telling myself I will spend up to $1500 to keep my cat alive and well. I love my fuzzy sausage!

Well It has been allmost 2 weeks after the surgery and my kitty is still peeing on stuff. At first it seemed she was worse. But now maybe a little bit better. She didn't do it yesterday. I haven't been home yet today so we will have to see. I just can't take her doing this for the next 10 years!!