Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I went to a concert tonight that I've been looking forward to for like two months. Two of my favorite musicians, playing together, it was fantastic. But now I'm really afraid to go to sleep, because in the middle of the show (I was in the front of a crowd of about 300 people, in a very small venue,) I suddenly thought that I was going to throw up. Which was horrific, because there was no way I could get out.

I'd felt like I was really hungry for about an hour and thought that made sense since I hadn't eaten since around 5, and it was then after 9. I just felt like there was a weird lurching in my stomach and I was going to throw up. But I didn't think I felt nauseated, or at least I hoped I didn't, and I'm not sure the feeling was real. But it keeps coming back! I feel fine in between, (although hungry, because I'm afraid to eat anything,) then that comes again and I'm really REALLY afraid to sleep in case I get sick in the middle of the night. UGH!!!

when was the last time you actually ate anything?

- if there's nothing in your stomach = it will be making you feel so unwell!!! you need to try eating a little something - some crackers, some dry toast. i sometimes find cup-a-soups really good when i feel a but ropey...nothing to heavy - just warm and soothing.

I hope that you got through the night alright. A lot of the time if I am in a
    large crowd or at an event that I have been really looking forward too I'll
    start to feel n*. I am not sure why this happens to me, but it does.

As emets, eating can be really difficult. I know from experience how much
    worse NOT eating can make you feel, but you are too scared to eat because
    of how ill you have made yourself feel by not eating in the first place (if that
    made ANY sense). It is very frustrating.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sometimes I feel s* if I stay up too late. I have for the past 2 nights! Hopefully you'll feel a LOT better after a night's sleep. Sounds like anxiety + late night. xxx

Hope youre feeling better now, it might have been anxiety related, I feel like that sometimes if Im in a place that I cant easily get out of, wherever I go I have to make sure I can get out when I want and make sure I know where all the exits are!

When I'm in a packed crowd like that I always get a funny feeling in my tummy too, that usually comes and goes throughout the night, but I've never been sick from it.

Who was playing at the concert? I saw Finger Eleven back in November...amazing!

Both the musicians are local to my area, (Salt Lake City,) John Allred, (his band name is just Allred,) and Benton Paul. They're both absolutely fantastic But that was the reason for the insanely packed crowd at a local show. They're both big to the area but since they're only local vs. famous they play in really small venues.

I'm going to see a band in March....they're called Saving Abel...they're not overly popular but they do have a cd out....I'm so stoked though!!!!!!

Have fun! I LOVE when small and basically unknown bands are amazing. You don't have to deal with huge crowds, shows are cheap, and you can have actual conversations with the musicians after. Small artists/bands are my favorite

Yeah exactly! They're becoming more popular all over Canada....not sure about the US or anywhere else but I live in a small town, and the town they're playing in considered small too (although its way bigger than dawson creek, where I live!!!)....so it'll basically just be a band playing in a bar/pub-type setting. im super excited!!!!