Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Horrible day

So today was like any other day woke up went to breakfast with my boyfriend then about 430 I went to work. When I got home is when I was told by my roomate that my boyfriend was sick. He had horrible d* all day since I left for work. He did not v* tho and I figure since he started feeling bad at around 5 and its now 12 hes not going to. So I called my mother and she told me that she had d* all morning and she could not go to work. The thing is that she came up to visit me yesterday. She did not v* either. I also found out that when one of our friends came over sat night he started getting sick at around 1am but he did v*. He also had cancer in the past so he has a lower immune system then most. My roomates didnt tell m this until today for obvious reasons. I just keep thinking how life is so great that way that he had to come over this weekend before he knew that he was sick. My question/ concern is obviously will I get it. I guess I almost feel like if iI have yet to get it I prob wont. Cause I feel fine other then a little bit of an alergy nose. But i always have bad alergies so im used to that esp wound the time the seasons begin to change which is soon, if anyone can respons I would really appriciate it. Thanks for the support,

Danielle

If you haven't v* by now then it's unlikely you will.

This might not even be an sv* it could be food related or just a bad coincidence but if it is an sv* then as long as you practice really good hand hygiene you will be absolutely fine.

You can't catch sv*s fromkissing someone (unless they have particles of v* in their mouth) you can only get it if someone practically v* right on you and the particles go up your nose or in your mouth or you touch a contaminated surface and out your hands in your mouth.

The important thing is to bleach hard surfaces with a 10% solution, not fogetting comonly touched things like light switches, door handles etc) and wash wash wash your hands and don't put your finers in your mouth or eat without washing them first.

make sure you carry on bleaching for a good 72 hours after the last person is ill.

Hope you're all ok xx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

So i just got really bad d*. I think its starting. I dont feel n* or anything just relaly thirsty but Im afraid to drink cause i dont want to v*

Hi, sorry you've got d* too but the reassuring thing is that your boyfriend and mum didn't v* so if it is the same thing then you won't either.

I know your friend v* at 1am but like you say he has a lower immune system and may suffer things worse or it could have been a different thing altogether.

You do need to drink though otherwise you will get dehydrated which in turn will make you feel n* so it's important to drink. Not drinking will not prevent v*.

If you have some in the house have some ginger ale if not then some plain water will do fine. If you start feeling a bit n* then just sip it. Peppermint or ginger teas are also great.

Hope you feel better soon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.