Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...tiphobia-pill- breaks-link-between-memory-and-fear.html

thought some of you may be interested
    ****** PROBLEMS CANNOT BE SOLVED AT THE SAME LEVEL OF AWARENESS THAT CREATED THEM...... Albert Einstein

this sounds amazing, great topic vicki!

i was just speaking to my nan yesterday about this phobia.. and i was saying the only real cure i could thing of, is serious amnesia, or just resetting my memories. i wouldn't do it, but i thought that would work.

these pills sound good. because they seem to attack the phobia logically.

i just wanna say, if these things were to cure emetophobia, i would wan't to have a big party in the uk somewhere and celebrate it with everyone here! lol

i mean.. i used to say to my friends, if i met a woman therapist, and she cured me, i'd probably propose to her!

It sounds as though you'd need to know what triggered your phobia. Am I wrong? Because if I'm wrong then I'd be seriously interested in this.
    Crayon

I have propranolol for my arrythmias, but I am not supposed to take it
    unless I have another SVT. I wish I could right now sometime sjust to chill
    for awhile. It can also be dangerous to stop beta blockers suddenly though.
    Especially if you have a heart condition or high blood pressure. Sigh.
    Life is so worth living.

If a woman cured me I think I would pupose to her too!!!
    I would be a changed woman if you know what I mean!! [img]smileys/smilies_14.gif[/img]

I was prescribed Propanolol and took it twice. It did funny things to my heart AND made me so stoned that I couldn't even function. All I did was lie on the couch, miserable and hallucinating! I saw the dog as 'rainbow colored'...That stuff freaks me out. Anti-phobia my butt!

I have beta blockers for my panic attack. I'm not sure exactly what they are but I can take up to 4 at a time. They've never made me feel weird....
    Crayon

I took propranolol for a bit and it made me feel a bit spaced out for a few days but that soon passed and i was fine, the only effect it had was to give me very low blood pressure.

My grandads is really high so he has one of those home blood pressure testing machines and when i went on it, it said danger ring 999 ha ha!!

I only took 1 twice a day so maybe that's not a high enough dose to get the hallucinating.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.