Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey all,

Sorry to bug you again, Im just feelin pretty off. Well, I think it could be from taking a nap in the middle of the day, for some reason this tends to make me feel off for awhile, but its been 2 hours since I woke up (woke up like 4pm from an hour nap, its now 6pm) and well, I just feel pretty nauseas and sick and like tired and achyish and just general not feeling real good. I feel like run down and stuff. It could be from that nap, but shouldn't the effects of it be worn off by now? Well, I just get kinda panicky that Im like getting sick or something, but hopefully its just that.

It happens to me whenever I sleep during the day for a few hours. You wake up light headed with very sensitive hearing and you feel dizzy... I would say "Don't worry about it" but I dont know exactly what it is you're feeling, I can just say I experience the same thing and nothing has happened to me.

Hard Normal Daddy

I always feel rotten for a while after I have had a
    sleep during the day. I think its something to do with your sleep
    cycle and if you get less than 4 hours you have woken up at the wrong
    stage of sleep. I could be completely wrong tho. Hope you
    are starting to feel a bit better now[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]</font>
    Rachel
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Laughing is good exercise, it\'s like jogging on the inside!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Taking naps makes me feel icky. I feel worse after I wake up from a nap than I did before the nap. Usually I'm nauseous after a nap, thats why I avoid taking them. For some reason if I feel like I need a nap I panic and see it as a sign that I'm getting sick. Wonder why we feel icky?
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

Hey i feel exactly the same way after a nap, and yes sometimes it does last for longer than a couple of hours, i tend to find though that if i have a cup of tea i pick up!! Hope that this helps.

i know exactly what u all mean - what is that about? i always feel pants after napping in the day - i think the trick is tho to literally nap for 20 mins and force yourself up - any longer and then i feel sick and dizzy.

whenever i go to sleep during the day -- i dont feel better for HOURS afterwrds so i try not to do that nemore.

im sure the effects will/wud have worn out soon. going out for a quick walk cud help to speed the process up.

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

Hey there,

Yeah I should know better than to take a nap in the middle of the day, I never feel better from it, but sometimes you just get so tired and cozy that you can't help it! I did get feeling better later, so I think that was it.

i went for a nap yesterday after i was posting how depressed and pants i felt - it turned into a proper full blown sleep and i awoke at half four trying to work out which day it was and why my boyf wasnt lying beside me! i felt fine tho - much better than i did before i went to sleep - so maybe i actually really needed it!

lol. sumtimes on a sunday or smthingi settle down with a book on the couch and just end up falling asleep lol.

i dont mind so much when i dont have to get up and go out or smthing... cos i dont mind having the groggy feeling for a while as long asim at home. if u no wot i mean.

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

MSN:

My brother takes these crazy "power naps" all the time, and it ticks me off cause I can't do it because I end up feeling the same way as you, but I wonder if they do feel like us afterwards but it doesn't bother them cause they're not emets???

I wondr, I think I will ask my brother!

yeah! i know its the same for my sister.,. she cant tke naps without feeling all grotty during the day -- so she dont do it either.

Jen xxx

MSN:

I can't take naps at all either. I guess it's also because I have to follow a certain routine through the day, and if I take a nap I miss out on an hour or two of the day.
    -Anna

I hate taking naps in the day. I too feel really groggy and awful afterwards and i takes me a good 2 hours to feel abck to normal.

At the weekends i always have a nap in the middle of the day to catch up on the sleep i miss out on during the week! But sometimes i do wake up feeling crap, but its just cos ur body's not used to it.

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

I am having that exact feeling right now! I hardly got any sleep this weekend...was out of town, and today when I got home at about 12:30, I told myself I would lie down for a little and then get up and take a shower, etc. Well, I ended up sleeping till 4!! And, now I feel all weird and gross and I hate it!

So, I know how you feel.

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I REALLY hate taking naps. First, i get up and wonder where all of the time has gone, and feel somewhat like you. Then, I cant sleep at night!

Glad that you're feeling better!

&lt;3 Anya--

Am I the only one who likes naps?

I used to have the same problem, feeling sick after I woke up. But now that the meds I'm on make me sleepy in the afternoon, most days I snooze for an hour or so, and wake up feeling energetic. Weird. But I don't like feeling so sleepy in the afternoons now. I'm hoping once I get a job, I'll have more energy during the day.

One reason for feeling grotty is the length of the 'nap'. A 'power nap' (which these days most doctors and certainly the sleep experts reckon are a good thing) are certainly no more than 20 minutes long - usually about 10 minutes. I understand they take a bit of practice to master, but are good once you've mastered them. If you sleep for any longer than 20 minutes, it is no longer a 'nap' and your body goes into its full-on sleep cycle of REM sleep and deep sleep. If you wake without this cycle coming to a natural end (like after an hour or two), you feel grotty because your body's systems are still set to 'sleep'. It can take hours for the chemicals in your blood that trigger and control the sleep cycle to sort themselves out and for you to feel 'normal' again.

I know it's hard not to sleep in the day-time when you are tired (especially that 3pm dopey hour!!), but unless you are ill, or can do the 'power nap' thing and wake up after no more than 20 minutes, the best thing you can do is get up and do something active till the urge to sleep passes off. Long 'naps' are NOT good.

Best wishes, Jill xxx