Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

I think I have absolute proof that I must have the worst luck in the
    world.

When I was a teacher, a passing student v* in front of my classroom.
    Mine! Of course! And only a foot away from where I was standing.

A few nights ago, I came home to find that someone had done the
    same in front of my apartment door. Yes, of course, it would happen
    to *me*.

I think at this point, I definitely feel fear, but I'm also very angry. I'm
    angry that I have to feel this way and angry because when *I* feel
    even a LITTLE ill, I always go to the restroom WAY beforehand to
    keep from disturbing anyone else. I know that not everyone has a
    phobia of it, but-- save a few weirdos with fetishes for it-- no one
    likes it.

I'm angry because I'm afraid to go outside and I'm angry because if
    *I* couldn't control myself 1) I wouldn't have done it IN FRONT OF
    someone's door and 2) I would have cleaned up after myself. So
    inconsiderate!

[img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

That is rude If I saw who it was I would have definitely told them off if not cursed them out. We are all here to support you and I know you will be ok even if you're shooken up and upset now. Hugs to you!

As scary as it is to see v* (I myself am DEATHLY afraid of it), some people just can't make it to the bathroom. If I went to the bathroom every single time that I felt n* and thought that I was gonna v*, I'd NEVER leave the bathroom. Okay, so in my entire life, I've only made it to the bathroom ONCE...because some people (like me) can't always tell the difference between anxiety-induced n* and real n*...

Well, I understand that some people might not make it, but you
    would think they would have the decency to clean up after
    themselves (or at least get the person they're living with to do so).

I know that I probably would not be able to clean it myself, but my
    husband would do it for me.

What's making the situation worse is that it's STILL out there and the
    apartment managers are acting like it's nothing. If it was in front of
    their office, I'm sure this would be a non-issue.

I think I'm so angry, I'm starting to lose focus of the phobia.

Hmm...I should walk around angry, more often.

please don't use the word "weirdos" in describing emetophiliacs. quite a few members on this site are actually also emetophiliacs (personally, i'm not). over the years, we've offended quite a few people. emetophilia and emetophobia are actually quite similar... both derive from an obsession with v*. as emetophobics, we're not understood, and as emetophiliacs, they aren't either, and it would be painful to hear others refer to us as "weirdos". i hope i'm not coming off as a b*tch, i'm just trying to keep the peace here.

anyway, regarding your post... i completely feel your pain, and it's totally frustrating. i really wish that we could control where/when people v*. control (both of myself and others) is definitely a huge part of this phobia for me. ugh, but if you can't make it to the toilet and end up v* in front of someone's apt. door, at least have the decency to clean it up!

Maybe the person who v*'d in front of your door was an emet? Maybe they were all alone and too afraid of cleaning it up? You never know...

Honestly, it's this kind of behaviour that envokes fear of v* into emetophobes that v* is "bad" and is something that should be kept hidden from other people. If you keep convinving yourself that this is how you should react whenever theres an instance of v* around you, you're never going to overcome your fear.
    Did you ever think of how horrible it might feel for someone to v* in public? Like maybe perhaps on your doorstep? It could have been a really ill child whose mother perhaps had no material to clean up after it.
    Or maybe the student who had the misfortune of v* close to you at school could have been feeling extremley nauseous and they were very embarassed that they did v* with people watching.
    If you keep establishing that v* is something that should be kept in the dark, you will continue to drill the fear into your subconcious.
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Can you call the apartment management and tell them you need maintenance to come clean up in front of your apartment because an unidentified person v** there.

Stella