Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Alright so last night when my bf, SIL and I were on our way to go car shopping, I saw a huge spider on my window, the same one I had seen 5 days before outside on my windshield.....The very next day I went out and bought raid to keep with me in the car because I was afraid it was going to get inside, well my bf laughed at me and said it wouldn't......

It was on the inside last night, I screamed, and picture this, I was in the passenger seat, I flung myself backwards into the backseat with my SIL....I grabbed my raid and sprayed it only to have fallen on the seat and crawled to the top on the head rest facing us in back, my SIL tried pushing over to my side, and my bf pulled over as soon as he could to kill it......

I was in tears how much it scared me because imagine if I would have been alone, I would have caused an accident and maybe killed myself over a spider...... Very funny to think about what happened last night, but why am I so damn afaid of something so tiny next to me?????????

I had to post this, I'm sorry!

lol bless yah.

i hate hate spiders as well. ever since i went to bed and put my head on the pillow, to find a HUGE one sitting next to me. horrible horrible things. but i always just try and make myself remember how much bigger we are and how they must be scared to see us too!

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey - spiders eh? buggers!
    Ill tell u somethin, u think that was a bad reaction to a spider? when i was a little girl i had severe arachnaphobia -once there was a spider in my room and i ran down the stairs so fast my mum thought i was goin to break my neck, i missed out about 3 stairs at a time, i literally ran down them like i would a path and ended up wailing in tears 4 the whole night, uncontrolably! Then i got therapy for it an within 3 months i was cured! See the thing is, thats the difference between emet and any other fear. Spiders are something u can run away from, u have the decision wether u run or let it crawl on u, with emet u dont have that decision, u cant run away froma physical feeling or a bodily function, you're stuck with it an u have to cope, thats why it is so hard to treat. Running away is the bodies natural reation, escaping from an outside stimulous is pretty simple, thats why emet is so hard to deal with and cure...no running away! So i guess what im trying to say is sometimes in life u have a choice, other times u dont, maybe knowing that u cant run away will help some people realise that u have to play with what your dealt with, its not what u get, its how u cope with what u live thru that counts, its all about acceptance with emet, not running away, if we stick with it an keep on goin we will all get there xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HAha, sounds like me!! Whenever I see a spider, I grab a glass and put it over the spider, so it can't get at me....Then whoever sees it kills it for me, lol. It's been going on like that forever.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Thats a good idea to keep in mind crazy but it would be harder in a car LOL!!!!!

I hate spiders. There are a lot of spiders in my house and some of them are quite large. I was so afraid a spider was going to get into my room so I taped my windows but they could easily slip in through the furnace.

When I wasworking atthe pet shop I forced myself to hold a pink toed taranutula. I wasn't scared of it until she told me if it bit me it could make me sick. She didn't say what type of sick. She just said if I was allergic to bees then I would have a reaction like that but I don't know if I'm allergic to bees. I was only stung once by one.

Anyways I'm blabbing. But yeah, I HATE spiders but I don't think I have a phobia of them. They are just EWW and give me goosebumps. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Edited by: mystikal star
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

im terrified of spiders - to the extent that if i let it - it would be my second phobia! but luckily my boyf likes them and will put them out if they are in the house.

the worst thing is them being in the car though - and hey seem to like my car loads.... [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] to the extent that once i was driving home on the m5 - i put the sun thingy down to block the sun and one just dangled down in my face - now i ALWAYS check there - but i spent the rest of the journey driving almost from the passenger seat with my legs stretched over!

OMG that is crazy, I think I would have died, just imagining it creeps me out completely....I want a new car, one without holes in it (my car was in an accident and I haven't bothered to fix it) so it worries me that they give get in through there. I was thinking of raiding my entire car but then it would smell really bad!!!! I think I would even poison myself with the fumes!!!!

oh yikes yeah-- dont do that!

recently my dad has put a load of garden rubish in my mums car to tke to the dump... and as u can imagine a LOT of spiders and flying things have decided to make the car their new home.

i hate goingin that car, lol.

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.