Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Waking up...

Does waking up from a nap or waking up in the middle of the night (naps are usually the worst. Something about sleeping during the day...) make anyone else feel super weird? Maybe for some reason it just really increases anxiety for me. I haven't slept properly for days now, so I fell asleep about three hours ago and just woke up a little bit ago. I feel really weird, and as usual it's freaking me out.

Ugh, I hate this. And can anyone clarify something for me? I kind of have a bit of discomfort around my belly button. That too low for my stomach, right? So it probably means something more like gas?

I always feel groggy/out of it after a nap..and usually it leads to freaking out!..so your not alone in that. The worst is being kinda half asleep and freaking out at the same time. Just give it a bit, sip on some water, put on the tv or a movie and just wake yourself uo slowly. It'll pass
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

Yeah, I feel that way too after I nap or wake up in my sleep. I think it's because you don't go through all the cycles of sleep so you didn't get a full amount of rest. It's totally normal, and very unsettling to people with anxiety.

As for the pain around you belly button- it sounds like it is most definitely gas. If it gets worse though or moves to one side you might want to call a doctor.
    Crayon

I have a strong headache after naps.
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.