My boyfriend does the "you're FINE!thing too. He gets really frustrated with me about it because I can't think straight and I'll get mad at him if he can't help me when he's busy with something else. It's immature of me but in the moment I can't really think straight.

I don't have any advice other than tell him exactly what you told us. Does he know about this website? Maybe tell him EVERYTHING like "I didn't know what to do so this i what I wrote on my support forum". Maybe it will help him have a better understanding. I don't know though. This situation is so tough.

As to hearing "you're fine," I find that really doesn't help. Because to my mom, or my boyfriend or my sister, having a sv* IS fine, just uncomfortable. To me it's death. Same with panic attacks. I might not have anything life threatening, but I sure feel like I do. And I'm sure as hell not fine. I HATE hearing someone say "you're fine." I need someone to say "you're not going to v* because of this reason, that reason and this other reason her," because I can't seem to tell myself that.Edited by: classycaro1