Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Obviously im not suggesting anyone here have sex while wearing gloves, but i do. It helps me to feel calm and relaxed. My girlfriend is very understanding and doesnt mind.

Anyone else here tried that or got another method they use?

Piers,

You seem to be past the point where this group can be of much use. I suggest you find a competent professional ASAP who can assist you in getting you the help you need. They might decide that OCD rather than emet is your main problem and treat you for that. Give what they suggest a try.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi Doug,

I am already seeing professionals and just thought this group would be helpful, but if im not welcome i will leave.

And do you know how degrading and hard it was to actually write that?

I have been looking at this site for months and built up the courage to register.

If you had read my first post you would understand my story and what I am doing to try and help it.

My Story

Piers,
    I don't think Doug meant you are not welcome. I think he is concerned about you and the severity of your phobia and hopes you are seeking help. (Is that right, Doug?)

You are DEFINITELY welcome here. There are a lot of people on this forum with varying degrees of emetophobia and I hope we all make you feel comfortable.

~Jenny~

PS. There is a way to edit your posts... if you go to a page where you have written, there are some green buttons underneath... one should say edit, but only for the posts you put up. I hope that makes sense.

Hmmm... now that I write that I see there is no Edit button... I know I have done it before, I just can't remember how. Sorry.

Yes, Piers, you are welcome here. But keep in mind that you are a new poster, and we tend to be very nervous about new posters who post things that are outside the mainstream of emet thought. We have had a lot of trouble lately with vandals hijacking our boards and posting outrageous things. You would undoubtedly find the members here more helpful here if you let us get to know you by sharing your experience with the kind of everyday things we all deal with (viruses going around, sick children and coworkers, drunken people, etc.) instead of starting a new and very provocative thread.You would have more credibility if you joined the discussion in existing threads. Many members read a thread like this one and wonder if it is legitimate or a troll. They will not wonder that once they get to know you.

Doug

PS Jenny - you should be able to see an edit button on your old posts - not anyone else's.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

This is tough, but at least you have found someone who accepts you for who you are. I don't have any other suggestions but I offer my sympathy and understanding, I hope you can find a way to be more comfortable without having to go to such extremes. You are definitely welcome here, we welcome everyone except those spammers that intentionally try to hurt other members. We've even had a person or two who was non emet but had children or significant others who were.

Yes you are definitely welcome. Sometimes it's easy to misinterpret the feeling behind what people write when it's written down it's like texts and emails, they can come accross quite blunt or even rude without the writer meaning them to be that way - it's just when you can't see facial expressions or hear a tone of voice then that can happen.

Anyway, Doug has already explained what he meant and if as you say you have been looking on here for a while then you will have seen what happened the other week with those gross pictures etc, and i must admit when i first saw the title of your post i thought it was some sort of wind-up and no i've not read your story yet, this post kind of grabbed my attention first!

You are lucky to have found someone who accepts you wearing the gloves, and i'm glad you are seeking help.

Just one thing though, and i haven't read your story so not sure the reason behind the gloves but if it's a hygiene thing then as long as your girlfriend has washed her hands you wouldn't be able to catch anything off her anyway - in fact unless they are regularly boil washed the gloves are probably germier than your girlfriend...

Good luck with your treatment and hope you continue to find support here.

I think the latest troll attack is what made the Edit buttons disappear. I think they're just trying to minimize the potential for problems. It is nice to be able to edit, though. My own spelling errors drive me crazy! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Piers, I understand about the gloves. It's good that your girlfriend is understanding about it.

My husband had norovirus a couple of weeks ago and I wouldn't have sex with him until he had gone the full 72 hours after feeling better so that I was sure he wasn't still shedding the virus. We all do what we have to to get along in life.
    Elizabeth

I know this guy whose girlfriend makes him wash his hands before he touches her at all. I think all people have different quirks when it comes to hygeine and sex. I'm positive you're not the only one.

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

But welcome! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

I am not too freaked out about vomiting when I am
    intimate. LOL I dunno why. Weird, huh?
    -Stefanie

\"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.\"

Hi, Piers! I don't worry too much about v* when I am intimate, either .. I guess it never really crossed my mind. But I say as long as you and your girlfriend are ok - why not use the gloves? No harm.

Quote Originally Posted by pierschrisian
    Obviously im not suggesting anyone here have sex while wearing gloves, but i do. It helps me to feel calm and relaxed. My girlfriend is very understanding and doesnt mind.

Anyone else here tried that or got another method they use?
    You may want to consider getting professional help. That is very extreme. (This is assuming wearing gloves is not something you would enjoy doing, as a fetish?)

Hey there,

I can understand where you might be coming from with using gloves whilst being intimate but I don't think it can come to any harm if you don't use gloves. Why don't you try buying a pocket anti-bacterial hand wash and some pocket anti-bacterial hand wipes and use them before and after you've been intimate this might start to ease you off the gloves also feel comfortable without them. I know you really don't want to but keep trying this as the habit would probably be best broken as it could make other aspects worse if you carry on with a bad habit like this! Trust me. I'd rather have broken mine earlier on too, its very difficult to break once it gets worse and takes over everything else you do. Good luck with it and hope everythings ok x

Quote Originally Posted by violaplayer1987
    I am not too freaked out about vomiting when I am
    intimate. LOL I dunno why. Weird, huh?
    Sex is the ONLY time where I don't think about my emet. It's a nice getaway, but then after all of the anxiety comes rushing back