Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

hey everyone

im really afraid of getting s*** and for some reason the flu really scares me too just wondering if anyone else is scared of this too, and is it possible if your really careful, that you can actually prevent it from happening to you?

thanks for the help

Flu shots are usually a good plan if you're trying to prevent catching the flu

I'm of course terrified of being sick too, and if it makes you feel any better, I had the full blown flu a couple years ago and did not throw up. I didn't even feel nauseated. (Thank goodness.)

I don't know if that's your biggest fear with catching the flu... It definitely isn't a fun illness. But excellent hand washing is a fantastic protection, and I just make it a habit to wash my hands the moment I get in the house. Then I'm not walking around contaminating other things, and it's just a good time to get off germs (especially during flu season,) that have no doubt been picked up from wherever I've been. I also try to remember to touch my face as little as possible, and this may be getting a tad more into paranoia land, but again, especially during flu season, I try not to touch food I'm eating. As much as possible, I try to use utensils or a napkin or something.

Hope that helped a bit [img]smileys/smilies_13.gif[/img]

i was affraid but not anymore, the flu is just a super bad cold... so i stopped worrying, ya it will suck but, with me worrying about emet sooo much im on my way to early ulcers...