Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I think I'm getting a cold, because I've woken up with a stuffy nose for the past couple days and I have that all-too familiar scratchy feeling in my throat. I'm hoping to somehow fight it off before the full blown effects kick in, but that probably won't happen.

Anyway, colds obviously don't mean vomit (knock on wood in case I'm wrong about some cases...) but my anxiety level seems like it shoots through the roof when I have one. I'm always afraid the cold symptoms are also symptoms of something that does mean vomit, or that this particular cold is an especially nasty version that includes my worst fear. And I always have an impossible time distinguishing between actual nausea and anxiety or even just other stomach complaints, which means lots of panicking.

Tonight I just suddenly got this weird bad taste in my mouth that completely freaked me out. Especially with my throat making swallowing feel weird, like it does with a cold, it made me freak out more. Nausea doesn't involve bad tastes right? I swear that's one of the things I fear most about vomit is the taste. It seems weird I know, (or maybe not so weird to some of you,) but just the thought of it freaks me out!

Thanks for your help

I think the bad taste is just because you're getting a cold..
    That's what always happens to me when I'm getting a cold, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Is it like a metallicy or oniony type of taste? If so it's catarh/mucus which tastes like that.

I'm always getting colds and i've never ever once v* with them so don't worry

Hope you get well soon [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I freak out when I get colds, too, even though I've never ever v*d from one. I think that general "sick" feeling alone is enough to create anxiety in hypersensitive people, which most emets are.

For me, sucking on cough drops or peppermint candy always helps get me through a cold without too much nausea. Peppermint tea, too. I'm sure you're better by now, but just for future reference!