Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: any of you

well i think my emetophobia is lower than it was a year ago but still i have a big problem and i really need your help.ok.. help me.. how can i eat and then go outside without fearing that i will v* or i will see something that will trigger my v* ? its frustrating because i know i won't be s* but still the n* from the p* a* makes me fear

Well it's positive that your emet is better than it was, which is a good thing!

What's p* a* ??

All I can say is that you might find it helpful to have some safe or reassuring things with you - i.e things that if you saw something that may trigger n* would calm you down and make you more confident to go out knowing that you have them with you.

Like I always carry a drink, some mints, anti-emetics and peppermint aromatherapy oil so I know that if i get n* on the move i've got things to help and just knowing they are there helps calm me and i rarely need to use them.

Being armed with the facts about exactly how sv's are transmitted also helps and it was when i learnt that they can't be caught "in the air" that was a big turning point for me as i feel more in control of the situation. if you haven't already done so look at Sages success story post and follow the link to her website which gives lots of facts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.