Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok, this is kind of sad... but its coming up to the 1yr anniversary of when i last v*ed. I know its weird that i know the date etc but i cant help thinking that it will happen again around this time. I was sick last October and the September the year before that. Its like i can only go a year without v*ing then i will v*? Does this sound absolutely mad or what? Like i wont walk to my mums house cos the last time i waled my daughter got ill that night, so i always take the bus. I feel like i complete freak! I told my boyfriend and he laughed at me a bit and i know that you dont v* just cause youve v*ed on that date before but im still nervous about it. Grrrr ignore me im just weird.

sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

We all have superstitions like that, I think it's part of the phobia. The last time I v*ed I had this weird feeling headache, and for the longest time, I thought each time I had a headache I was going to be ill. I'm more worried about other people than myself v*ing, so my superstitions tend to be about other people, and dates, like my husband and what he ate the last time, etc. I feel more like a freak about that.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Yeah i see what you mean. I think my phobia started when i saw my boyfriend v* the morning after a huge drinking session, now i cant be near him for ages while hes drinking and afterwrds! And i watch what he eats to make sure he doesnt overdo it! Im definitely more scared of others v*ing than myself...

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

I made it to 20..... I knew the date, and almost the same time of day it happened, believe me a lot of us do this.I wouldALWAYS have an attack on that same day, even if I wouldn't eat. It hurts me tothink of how I reacted on some of those days. So no it isn't weird or odd. It happened to me all the time.

been 7 years since i last v*ed. so as u can imagine -- im always on edge thinking... wow 7 yrs has passed iv GOT to do it sumtime soon.

maybe i shydnt think about that. but u gotta remember at times lke this that ppl can go 50 years without being sick. and more probably!

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Try not to get yourself all worked up about it, hon. I know it's hard not to though when you are scared it will happen again. When the day comes, try to block it from your mind and keep yourself busy. Take Care. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

it's coming upto my anniversary, yet im thankful that i don't remember the date otherwise i would have similar experiences..
    i remember it being around this time 5 years ago, and i remember the structure of my day which is even more upsetting.
    I went to school, had pe, felt a bit sickly in the throat region, went home forgot all about it, ate my tea, went out, came home feeling sick, went to bed, got up and thew.
    I hate the fact that i still remember this day better than any other.
    I'm sure you can relate.
    But sarah, you are not weird, you're phobic, and it causes us to think this way.

Try not to worry about it too much, I always get scared on my "anniversary" (my 2 1/2 year is coming up soon- I last threw up when I was 10)
    -Anna

My anniversary is Christmas Day, so that really sucks! So every Christmas, I panic, even though this year (God willing), it will be 17 years!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wow, 17yrs!!! Im trying to block out all the things that make me panic. But the silly thing is that last yr. when i v*ed, it didnt really affect me, i didnt panic before or afterwards, it was liek i knew it was gonna happen so i just didnt get worked up about it? Then after i felt better... But even tho i know that it doesnt help! I still panic about v*ing even tho ive never had a really bad experience with it when its been me v*ing. Grrrrrrr lol

Sarah xxx

same Sarah. iv never had a bad experience before either -- and strangely wen i BELIEVE 100% that im gnna get sick, im not half as anxious as i am on a normal day! its twisted =|

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

I know what you mean. The past 2 years I was sick in February (last year and the year before that) so I get edgy around that time. Its hard not to panic I know, I too think its part of the phobia to get like this around the anniversary. Makes me wonder if I'm gonna get sick every single year from here on out, since I have once a year for the past 3 years, and before that it was 10 years!