Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: What do i do???

I have a problem. I have been with my boyfriend for 3years, my emetophobia has only been severe for the last 2. My boyfriend has been really supportive but recently hes got tired of the way i am, all my stupid behaviour. he has given me a certain length of time to get rid of emet or he will leave. I dont know what to do? And im going through a very bad patch emet-wise at the moment too so im even worse now, thinking i will be alone. I also have a 2yr old to look after god knows how i could do it alone with emet? I know some of you might say he is being selfish but i know its hard for him to live with this aswell.
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

Oh my God, how horrible for you. My gut reaction is to say that he's selfish but I've seen the difficulties I cause for my family so I can almost understand slightly. I think you need to explain to him that he must understand, Emet is not something you can get rid of although I'm sure you would if you could. And that the phobia going is not your choice to make.I really can't help you except to saytalk to him, remind him that he'd be leaving his child too.Maybe he was just trying to shock you into being cured and wasn't serious about leaving. I really can't think what else tosay though. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Best of luck!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <font color=BLUE>I LOVE TO LAUGH!</font>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My fiance has had enough of my emet too. He is being supportive as long as I am doing something about it to get better. I am going to start counseling soon. Do you want to get better? If so, maybe if you told your boyfriend that he would help instead of just telling you to fix it. I know it's hard to be with somebody who doesn't understand. When I told my fiance, he thought it was the weirdest thing ever. He said "Just stop thinking about it" I wish it were that easy.

Just stop thinking about it???

God MEN!

<font color=BLUE>I LOVE TO LAUGH!</font>

Grrr i wish the emet would go i am so tired of it! I have talked to my boyfriend soooo much but he seems to think im not trying! I have been to see a counsellor twice it hasnt helped either time what else can i do? I'm on medication too! Arrgghhhh lol
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

heya Sarah, i know we spoke in the chatroom about this yesterday, but thers no harm in saying what iwanna say again.

basically, hippyclown and aguerra had the best advice, just keep talkin to ur boyfriend about it, as we said yesteday, show him this site, and show him that ur desperate to get better urself, u just need his support as well to help u along the way.

i cant really imagine how ur boyfriend is feeling, as i dont hav an emet to think about other than myself, and im not putting nepressure on my family cos they simply dont care and understand anyway. but im sure if he told you his view and u told him urs, u could sort sumthing out?

good luck and best wishes

Jen xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN: