Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

lol OK this is a bit disturbing, but I found it quite interesting. So today in AP US History, we were having a socratic seminar (it's like a group discussion where you talk about primary source documents) on Japanese internment during World War II. Most people said they believed it was the right thing, yadayadayada. Then someone said "they should've only interned the suspicious ones" and another person said "you can't tell just by looking at someone" and I justified with

*GRAPHIC*"it's like being sick with food poisining- you don't just throw up the bad food you ate, you throw up everything because it's all mixed in!"

... and a lot of people actually found my analogy humorous and somewhat true... except the teacher who got knitpicky and crap and said "you don't have any control over throwing up"

Sounds like a good analogy, you could have ticked off the teacher a little more by saying you know a whole group of people who feel they have at least some control over v*ing.

haha yeah i agree with what jkl81 says! i think its a good analogy thats a good way for us emets to understand!!!

That's awesome! And to heck with what the teacher said. Only one time did I
    lose control with v* since I can remember. All the other times I just let
    myself because I didn't know I had any control. The times I was nauseous I
    didn't v* because I literally stopped it in it's tracks, so nyah nyah. Good
    analogy!
    Life is so worth living.