Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: School videos

Is it just me or do some of you guys find it difficult to watch videos like in health class and stuff? Whenever we do a healthlesson we watch an educationalvideo and if it's about drugs or alcohol or something then I promptly cover my ears and scrunch up myeyes until it's over. Even when I think it'slikely to be safe I don't take any chances. I learnt from that one time when I was in Physics and the teach let us watch Apollo 13 as a treat since we were studying space travel, and I saw that bit when he v*'s into a bag. Then I spent the whole rest of the period sweating and shaking and occasionaly glaring at my friend who had been the one to tell me it was safe in the first place. So anyway am I the only one or do you guys do it too?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <font color=BLUE>I LOVE TO LAUGH!</font>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i cant really relate to what ur saying, because we RARELY watch videos at school about health. we watch videos in Religous Studies, but its extremely rare to find v* in there =|

sorry, im not much help

Jenxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

I completely understand! I had to sit through 4 months of a pathology class where all we looked at were gross specimens (some real, some slides) of diseased lungs, hearts, intestines, livers, kidneys, skin....Ugh! I not only get anxious about v*, but I have a level of blood/guts phobiaas well. I ended up having to take valium before every class!
    Soluene

If you are going through hell, keep going. -Winston Churchill

We dont have health classes in england. We dont watch videos like that much either. I remeber when we watched , shall we say urm... an 'information video', in year 6, I sat by the door, everyone was screaming and going er!! lol But no one v*

We watched Apollo 13 in my physics class, too, but I had seen it before (in the movie theater, ugh) so I knew what to expect. However, we watched part of Amistad in a history class, and that was TERRIBLE. My friend, who was also an emet, had the same class with the same teacher at a different time, and the next day we were both still freaking out about it!

I don't remember really watching movies in health class, except the first aid movies (the one Red Cross video where the old lady is carrying groceries and she falls down, haha, SOMEONE has had to have seen that one). We also watched that movie about the girl who was abused and ended up with dissociative disorder.. the title of the movie is her first name, but I totally forget it.

Haha, anyway, I can relate. And I can't BELIEVE anyone would remember Apollo 13 as safe... but this is coming from me, an emet. That was a classic gratuitous v* scene that could have EASILY been left out. There are times when I accept that a scene does add to the story of a film even if it's something I don't want to watch, but that one was stupid.

May

I know how you feel. In health class we watched a movie about a railroad nail going through some guys head and i would have been fine if it was just me there because i could cover my ears and my eyes and it would be ok.. but what really scares me is the other people in the classroom who think they can handle the gore, and really can't... what if they V* because of the gore? that's what scares me the most.

Thanks for that warning about Apollo 13. I have seen it before, but it was before i was a full blown emet, so i didn't remember that.. there are a lot of movies like that for me. things i don't remember because i saw it before i was an emet... so then i'll try to think about it... and i think it's safe.. and then... YA KNOW!! [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

Drives me Bonkers!
    The most miserable people I know are those who are
    obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose
    themselves in the service of others. -Pres. Gordan B. Hinkley

Quote Originally Posted by izzybee
    We dont have health classes in england. We dont watch videos like that much either. I remeber when we watched , shall we say urm... an 'information video', in year 6, I sat by the door, everyone was screaming and going er!! lol But no one v*

Huh? I'm English, and I have health classes. Sometimes they're called like PHSE or something but my school calls it health. I geuss it's different everywhere.

We have PSHE but its not about health. Ours is about careears and bullying etc.

Oh. Ours is about that stuff, AND like "don't do drugs!"

Our pshe isnt very good. My school dont want to do it. PLUS its a catholic school so they have a rule in the catholic faith which is no sex before marridge so they dont teach us anything!!!!

ouch. i went to catholic school but we got taught all the stuff so we wouldn't do it before marriage. I was like that with videos, mostly because I knew some people in the first aid class couldn't handle the gore. Like when we had to dissect the pig. I can handle gore myself not TOO bad as long as it's real like biology. I was always sooooo scared that people would get ill from it.

I think it is a good idea to maybe talk to the teachers that show videos and maybe ask them about the show or to have a warning about what will be seen in the movie. I haven't seen Appolo 13 yet thanks for the warning. heheh
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenneh

i cant really relate to what ur saying, because we RARELY watch videos at school about health. we watch videos in Religous Studies, but its extremely rare to find v* in there =|

sorry, im not much help

Jenxxxxx

I'm with Jen!! We didn't watch too many videos in school about health, and when we did, they were rarely gory or graphic, just BORING!!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]Anyway, some of the movies y'all had to watch in school sound HORRIFIC!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_30.gif[/img]EWWWWWW!!!!! I would be EXTREMELY uncomfortable with some of the videos y'all described!!!

Apollo 13.....[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]Just thinking about that scene gives me the heebie jeebies!! EWWWW!!! I had the hardest time with that scene, and after I had watched it, I couldn't watch Bill Paxton movies for years until Titanic came out.[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]I was angry at the actor in some way, and couldn't look at him.[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]But I forgave him since he was in Titanic....[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt