Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I have noticed that my phobia has gotten 100 times worse over the past year or so. I also have extremely high anxiety beginning around this same period. As of now, I am uncertain if my new found anxiety is causing me to be more acutely aware of my phobia, or if it is the phobia causing the anxiety. Last night I came down with a bad case of anxiety. As I have done MANY times over the past 8-10 months, I started to think my stomach was getting upset. Once I thought my stomach was upset, my anxiety went through the roof. I couldn't think about anyting else but my stomach hurting. It has gotten so bad but that I can't tell the difference between a real stomach ache and it being in my head from the anxiety. I should know its anxiety bc its happened SO many times, but every time it happens I think 'its real this time, my stomach hurts.' Does anyone else do this? I am going to seek help (already made a call) for my anxiety and see if this will be of any help to my emet.

Yes I do this all the time. I did it yeaterday. I don't know if the anxiety causes my stomach ache or the stomache ache causes the anxiety. It comes out of no where. Most of the time I know it is from the anxiety that I feel sick but I allways think that this is the time that I may actually get sick.

I'm new..this is in the wrong section but there is no way to edit or move it that I can find. I really hope I can find some help for this. I've really been putting a lot of thought into the situation over the last couple days and I know my emet is bad, but I truly believe my anxiety is making it MUCH worse. Before the anxiety got so out of hand, I didn't obsess over my emet everyday like I do now. I'm waiting for a call back from this doctor to make an appt. and try to get the ball rolling on fixing this.

I also have EXACTLY the same problem. In the past few months I've gone from having a fear of v* that was relatively under control (although always there) to a major problem with anxiety that now includes an upset stomach that I can't differentiate from illness. I have just started therapy a month ago and am seeing my doctor about medications this week. I always think that this is the time I'm actually sick! It seems my anxiety has evolved so that I have no control over it. You are doing the right thing by seeking help. I can't believe how fast this has gotten control over me. If you ever want to chat PM me and I'll give you my email/yahoo chat. Take care and keep us posted.

Welcome to the site. I think we all suffer from the stress related n* from time to time and sometimes it is hard to determine the cause so we all panic about it to some degree.

I get n* whenever I get a headache but each and every time I wonder if I am getting s* or if it is just from the headache... it's always just from the headache!

I wish I could be of more help to you...

Just know that we are here and we all have different experiences to share. This site has been a BIG help during the time I have been a member.