My name is Gary, the proud father of a 10 year old. She is brilliant if many ways. Great student, talented gymnast, beautiful (Proud dad bragging).

But everyday comes the question, "Are you sure?" This is our shorthand for, "Are you sure I am not going to throw up?" I assure her that I am sure she isn't. She seems to move on with her day. She asks this question 5 to 8 times a day.

She has only thrown up 3 times in her short 10 years on this planet. I tried the logical, that is every 3.33 years, you have 1.66 years left before you might...

I have tried threatening her with syrup of ep..., just to show her it isn't too bad. Naturally this is an empty threat, I would NEVER do this.

I have tried telling her that there are usually many other symptoms that goes along with the potential of tossing, she then started to "feel" these other symptoms.

So far, this fear hasn't kept her from doing things like sleepovers, but I am concerned. She has a week long space camp coming up with her 5th grade class and I fear she will potentially miss it. She is seriously scared. I can see visible shaking.

We have an excellent psychologist, but I am hesitant to subject a 10 year old to therapy.

Is there anything anyone could recommend?

A very concerned daddy,

Gary