Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: please help!!!

my wonderful mother cooked a great sausage cassarole tonight and usually we have veggie sausages due to my sister being a veggie and me not really trusting meat, however she was very stressed tonight had forgotten to tell me that it was meat...well when i found out i started to panic...what if they wernt cookeed? what about food poisoning? etc

when i found out how she cooked them i was even more worried...please help!

from frozen into frying pan to brownthen cut into slices and fried a little more then into a stew pan for 15 minutes on low heat

to me this doesnt seem long enough and website all say about 40 mins etc....really really scared and crying and arguing with mum cos of it, please help!!!

I have made meat like that right out of the freazer. You will be fine. If it wasn't cooked all the way through you would have been able to tell right away. Try not to worry. You will be just fine!

Yes, please don't worry. Since she sliced it, each slice would be quite thin compared to a whole sausage - so even 5 minutes would cook it through.

I hope you did/can enjoy the casserole - it actually sounds pretty good!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thank you, i have apologised to my mum now as she felt insulted...she doesnt really understand but thank you, you all are very accepting of peoples rants and questions etc x x

OMG plaese please help meeeeeee....i have started to get stomach ache njow (upper dull ache) and i feel panicked!! in my heart of hearts i think the sausages were ok as they tasted good and they were very that i burnt my toung, but i still cant seem to escape the fear thats taking hold now big time?

i cant seem to find anything on the internet that tells me what i need to know about cooking sausages etc....really scraed right now, sooo glad i found this website

Your stomach probably hurts from anxiety. Honestly, it can tie one's stomach up in knots as the sympathetic nervous system kicks in and actually stops the proper digestive process.

The sausages were fine. Do whatever you can to relax by breathing very SLOWLY and DEEPLY - up to 10 breaths like this. At the same time, relax your JAW and if you can, observe if your muscles in your arms and legs are tight and relax them. After the 10 breaths there's a good chance your stomach ache will go away. Give it a try!

Take care,
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

thanks, i calmed myself down and relaxed so much in fact that i went into the kitchen on autopilot and made myself a big meal....i havnt eaten since last night i think my body was screaming for food lol

i feel better now i have relaxed, thanks for your support everyone really does understand its fantastic x x x