Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi Guys!
    As some of you may remember I am leaving for boot camp in 3 days and have been very up and down with nerves and anxiety. But last night I was talking with my husband I kind of had a realization breakthrough! I wanted to share. Here it is:

What's going to happen at boot camp will happen. I mean, how I do with the exercises and tests is directly related to how well I prepare, I understand that. But those aren't the things I've been anxious about! All the things that make me crazy with worry will happen or they won't happen. If someone is going to v* on me, nothing I do will change that. If a sv is going to go on a rampage around our barracks, nothing I do will change that. I can continue to wash my hands and not touch my face, but that's all!

So I've been spending all this time and energy worrying about these things that are out of my control, or over which I have very little control. I can either worry about them and they might happen, or I can not worry about them and they might happen. I'd rather have the second option! All I can do is prepare for the worst and try to control my reaction if they do happen.

Thanks for reading this long post! Who knows, probably tomorrow I'll be freaking out again, but today I feel good![img]smileys/smilies_13.gif[/img]Wish me luck at boot camp!

Best of luck! Your perspective is very true. As long as you take reasonable precautions the outcome of v* is out of our control if we worry or if we don't. Therefore what's the point of worrying? It causes undue distress with no positive result. It sounds like you've had a big revelation and it's very inspiring for yourself and for us. Thanks for sharing your optomistic outlook - it gave me a different perspective to consider. All the best to you for your trip to bootcamp. Looking forward to hearing about your experience there! Stay safe.

thats a great way of looking at things, i have used this philosophy in helping myself get better like i will think....its better to be happy and relaxed with my life and relationships and get ill then, than if i am worried, scared, relationships are strained when/if i get ill....does that make sense?...i have also started to think that if i ever do get ill, then the support and sympathy will be fantastc, also my boyfriend and family would be soooo proud of me etc

what a great revelation you have had....stay happy and enjoy life ....we only live once dont we !!! x x x

all the best and hope you have a great time x x jess