Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay, I'm sort of freaking out here. I'm going to warn you ahead
    of time: I am not going to censor anything. If you are extremely
    sensitive, don't read.

Yesterday, my mom told me she hadn't eaten in four days. When
    I asked her why, she said she just didn't feel like eating. Their was
    no vomiting. I talked her into eating something, and immediately
    began to regret it. All she had was chicken noodle soup. I went to
    bed shortly after, and at four in the morning, my dad told me she'd
    been vomiting all night, and he might take her to the hospital. I
    called at 12:30 and asked my dad if my mom was doing okay. He
    said yes, and that she hadn't vomited in several hours. When I got
    home, she was just laying in bed all day. Now I'm wondering if this is
    the result of a virus, or if just not eating for so long is what caused
    the vomiting. I'm scared out of my mind. I've been sanitizing
    everything since I found out it might be a virus. I'm in my room with
    the door closed, and I wash my hands a lot. I haven't used the
    restroom at home for the last 24 hours, and I haven't been around
    her all that much. I'm wondering what you guys think the cause of
    this might be, and if it is a virus, do you think I will get it? Please help
    me quickly.

Take a deep breath. Worst case scenario, it was a virus. If it was noro, then it's not airborne, but transmitted by the oral-fecal route. You weren't around her when she developed symptoms, and I'm sure you washed your hands, so you should be fine.

Now, if it was caused by not eating, the food might have shocked her stomach. However if she vomited that much, I'd assume that it was a virus. I think you'll be fine though. Just keep on washing your hands.

Well its hard to say exactly what it is, it could possibly been from something bad she ate as well.
    If it is a virus i dont think you would have gotten it if you havent been around her and been cleaning.
    just make sure you keep washing your hands throughly and maybe just stay away from your mom for a while.
    just wash wash wash your hands throughly and frequently.
    Im sure you'll be just fine.
    Ive made it through everyone in the house having a virus (4 people) except for me.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

Thats one thing I hate about v* (well one of many lol)
    is that you never know what really is the cause. I mean you might have a clue, or might know after ... but when it happens you dont really know and I cant stand that because if we knew the cause then it be easier to take precautions!

Hang in there, like twilightrose said, just keep washing you're hands and keep them away from you're face. You weren't around when she did the v* so you should be ok

Blessings

I can't provide advice right now. I think you'll be fine. But I'm freaking out myself uncontrollably when I calm down I'll try to help more. Sorrry.

Hiya hun, i do know that starving yourself for that long and then eating can cause you to v* . my father did the same thing last year, he starved himself for 4 days then my sister and i took it upon ourselves to make him eat which then caused him to v* . we should have introduced him to food gradually but we gave him some watermeon and a bowl of soup.. Because he v* he was too scared to eat again and starved himself again, which was when his kidneys stopped working properly and eventually his body started shutting down!
    Is there a specific reason as to why your mum didnt eat? do you think there maybe an underlying cause like depression??
    As for it being a virus, it could be but i really dont belive that.. try not to panic yourself hun you will be fine..
    ****** PROBLEMS CANNOT BE SOLVED AT THE SAME LEVEL OF AWARENESS THAT CREATED THEM...... Albert Einstein

well th enot eating could have been caused by a virus, but if she hadnt eaten in 4 days it probably wasnt the best idea to eat something right away. that may have shocked her system when a person hasnt eaten in a while it is best to introduce them to food again slowly. start with fruits and veggies, then breads, then meats, then sweets. i think thats about right but ou could look it up on the internet ot make sure. i know that must be hard for you as an emet to cope with that nightmare, but ita a good thing that your dad stepped in. i hope she feels better and that you all will do ok! im sur e you will be fine!