Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

ok, this is what my bf has just said to me to reassure me...

"ok, listen jess....germs are everywhere you know that, and of course sometimes there are outbreakes of norov* and tummy b*gs yeah?...well children are ALWAYS putting their hands in their mouths arent they?...yeah...and they have maybe one or two b*gs a year...so..that must mean that even though they put 'germs' in their tummys everyday not all will make even children s*...so why would you, who washes hands suffiently and eats safe foods, catch one if children are not always ill??"

me "yeah good point"

bf " so even if you do forget to wash your hands once or twice you wont even get anything because your an adult...and your immune system is obviously very good...children arent walking round v* all the time are they?!!" lol

hard to convince me of course but he has a good point...bless him lol

haha I try to convince myself with that ALL the time.

i know, if only it was that simple eh? lol

If only.

He does have a good point. But I am still afraid. LOLOLOL

Does anyone here examine their food? Like I always look
    at each slice of bread when I am making a sandwich. LOL
    -Stefanie

\"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.\"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That is actually exactly what I try to tell myself when I am freaking out about v*. It doesn't always work, but the more I remind myself, the more it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by violaplayer1987
    He does have a good point. But I am still afraid. LOLOLOL

Does anyone here examine their food? Like I always look
    at each slice of bread when I am making a sandwich. LOL
    Yes, I /always/ examine my food to the point where it is hard for me to enjoy it. That is actually what tipped off some of the people close to me that something is wrong with me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That advice is great. We all need to really think about how true that is...and keep the faith

Nowadays I go by the, "I will take a stand and have fun regardless of the risk of germs," but when I was phobic I would have never been able to "just think" that way.