Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello everyone, just wanted to tell you about my little experience, a few months ago.

I would lay awake all night thinking i might get sick, and trying so hard not to.

But then I got some kind of bug, and my stomach really started to hurt, so I started to drink ginger ale, put cold water all over myself, etc. But once I knew I was gonna get sick, I wasnt scared anymore, it just sucked. An through the night I was up sick, and I wasnt scared at all. I was proud of myself, but then the following night when I was better, I had the same fear again, and still do. Its so strange.

Just thought I share my little story

iv had that before -- where u no ur gnna be sick so its not QUITE as frightening anymore... its so strange.

welldone for getting thru that. im sorry to hear ur worried its gna happen again. but trust ur body - it will tell you whren you need to be sick again -- u dont need to keep worrying and analyusing it --(something im gr8 at doing =|)

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I know what you mean. The night I went into labor I was sick. The contractions were so hard and came so fast that they couldn't give me anything. Anyways I knew I was going to be sick and I wasn't scared at all. I thought to myself "hey maybe I will be ok" but it didn't make things any better. The next time I felt nauseatedI pannicked just like before.
    I even tried to remember the way I wasn't worried and that it wasn't that bad but it doesn't help me.
    That shouldn't take away from how proud you were though. It was an accomplishment. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

yeah ( i dont understand why that happens. thats y i am SO FRUSTRATED at myself, because i KNOW i can be sick without panic, the last time i v* i didnt even care one bit!! and now i wont even leave my house in fear of it! gawd it sucks so much ( sorry to go on im really down 2nite. ok well im here now so i may aswell rant, dont need to read if i dont want to...
    im so angry at myself. a few of u know ive had a throat infection the last few days, and yesterday i felt like i was gunna throw up, and i knew i wud have done if i didnt have emet, and i got so scared and cried myself to sleep, and i thought i was doin really well, ive completely gone down hill and basically given up tryin to get better, bcos i almost know that im not. i dont know what is ahead of me in life but i cant see it being anything special to be honest. im so scared and angry. anyway.... sorry.

dont be sorry, rave all you want, I know how it feels, I do the same thing almost every fricken night. It frustrates me as well. What do you find helps you to get your mind off of it?

My problem is when I am alone in bed, and have nothing better to think about, I like to read horror novels, and I use crystals to help alleviate some of the nervousness.

I use rhodonite, which helps for phobias, snowflake agate, for a upset tummy. And for your throat infection rose quartz would be beneficial placed on your throat for about ten minutes every few hours or so.

Oh, and I like to read my archie comics as well.

All i can say is that not to give up, there will always be ups and downs, give yourself strength, allow yourself to feel comfortable, wrap yourself in fuzzy flannel, pamper yourself!

Linzi

thanx linzi, i know i shudnt give up but u no, its so hard to keep goin, but i guess ill have to. i dont really have any tactics to calm me down, the only time i panic about it is if i feel like im gunna be sick, the rest of the time im depressed or cry about it!! ive tried everythin but im givin in to my depression right now....im sure ill be back on top sooner or later!
    thanx for your advice
    xxxx

Hey guess what, I v'ed 2 times earlier TONIGHT and RIGHT
    AFTER DOING IT, I SAID "WHAT THE HELL WAS I SO SCARED OF??" but.......
    now that I am feeling better, I am just as phobic as I was earlier in
    the day The last time I v'ed before tonight, sober that is was
    almost 16 years ago and same damn thing. I kept on saying over and over
    again how bad it really wasnt but 2 minutes later, I became my same
    emetophobic self and I am just like that now *sigh* I hate this. Well I
    am in therapy for it so maybe it will, someday, somehow be conquered. I
    honestly wondered since I am still an emet after it happened tonight

Miriam

</font>