Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: OT- Earth Hour

Seeing as I'm obsessed with saving the environment, I'm just going to say that Earth Hour is today and starts in two minutes. Basically, you just turn off all lights and electricity for an hour.

Well, it's at 8:30pm LOCAL time...so for me, I have a bit less than 4 hours...

It just ended for me. I'm just curious as to how many people knew about it/did it. I guess it's 8:30 pm - 9:30 pm anywhere.

I have 2 hours to go until Earth Hour!

I knew about it but The Incredibles was on.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

I knew about it but we were going out for a meal so we turned everything off before we left and actually the place we went to dimmed all their lights/turned stuff off and we ate by candlelight so they tried too!
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

We turned out our lights, and I'm on the battery power of my computer. Not sure if that qualifies...but what else do you do in the dark?

It's pretty cool though...lights are out all around our neighbourhood.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I kept the lights/TV/computers off for 1 1/2 hours, because after I got over being bored out of my mind, I realized that it was really peaceful! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Do you know Toronto's power usage went down by 15% during Earth Hr, pretty cool!
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I went to bed early so I had everything off by default! Although I would have made an effort had I not been in bed for a good cause.

Ooh! we played games in candlelight! it was awesome!

I forced my family to take a walk around the neighbourhood to see how many lights were off. We live on a hill, and generally you can see the sparkle of all the lights but it was a lot dimmer. It was really peaceful.

I didn't do it. I will next year though (: I'll run down stairs and click off the master breaker for the whole house (:
    Life is a wonderful ride.

i did it and didn't even realize i did it. i ended up taking a nap before i went out that night and ended up falling asleep with everything off around 8 and woke up around 10. hahahaha. i didn't even realize i participated until my friend said "did you do earth hour today?" i was like uhm, what's that? haha.
    "He has not learned the lesson of life who does not every day surmount a fear."