Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My Mum and I were chatting about my Emet and where it came from. Now it doesnt drive me nuts trying to work it out but I told her it was cos I had gotten ill in my School dinner hall aged 6. She said that cant be right and that even though it hadnt made things better for me I had been phobic and had reactions since I was 3. When my little sister was born she was sick a lot for 6 months, had lots of hospital tests etc Turned out she was allergic to dairy, but about that time she threw up on me once and I cried and didnt know why she had done it. Then apparantly aged 4 i had my first kind of panic attack. My sister was sick while my Dad was driving and i started crying and screaming to get out of the car.......though we were on the motorway at the time lol

I don't think it makes a difference to me at all, but it was just interesting that i was phobic even before i remember.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

yeah that is interesting! i always thought i got emet when i was 13 from when i got with a bug, but looking back i used to avoid rollercoasters etc when i was younger but because i was a kid i didnt no the reason, well now i do. but when i cant work out is sometimes i was perfectly fine v* on my own an then othertimes id get real scared! weird! hehe xxxx

that is very interesting... i keep remembering instances when i was little where i remember being petrified of being sick when it was very illogical cos i wasnt even feeliong nauseous at the time!!! very confusing for such a small kid i think....

Jenxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Interesting, now that you mention that I do recall always being highly cautious of my foods and very frieghtened of being sick. I remember once when I had a cold when I was maybe 7 and on the way out of the storeI told my mom to just let me walk home due to me feeling so sick, than I remember v** on the sidewalk and I refused to go into the car until my mom forced me in.
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

This is weird cos when i was younger v* didnt bother me? Well i wasnt emet afraid. I mean nobody likes ppl v* or v*ing themselves do they? But when i got pregnant i was very nauseas all the time and started having panic attacks, but not emet-related, just panic for no reason. I think it was probably cos i was 17 and very young to be havin a baby? Anyway, after i had my daughter i didnt develop emet til about 6months after when i saw my boyfriend v*. I know ive told ppl this before but it baffles me as id seen him v* before? So why was it that time that completely changed things for me? I was suddenly in the space of 60second an emetophobe. My counsellor sed that it must be something from my past thats caused it but i just dont see what? Grrrrr!

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

hey sarah, maybe it was the fact that when u wer pregnant the things that stand out for you wer anxiety and nausea, so sumhow they have become linked, and seeing your bf be sick secured the link and made u an emetophobe? i dont know just a thought!
    xxxxEdited by: faith-marilyn
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

Could be, i think maybe my pregnancy was where all the panic etc started? Grrrr hurry up therapy lol

Sarah xxx

I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

It would be interesting if there was some kind of repressed memory that was triggered at that particular moment. It IS interesting to see someone that got it when they were a little bit older.

Hippychick I found out after talking to my mom that I was about 2 when I freaked out about getting sick. She said from that point on I was terrified I was going to get sick. I was even more scared that I was going to not be in the bathroom. Of course no one thought anything of it being a phobia. She also never told me that until I told her that I found out there was a name for my phobia. It doesn't help me out but it was interesting to know.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.