Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: OT - Books?

off topic i know (and second time ive written post now as last one crashed - doh) but just wondered if anyones read anything good lately? Been uninspired by recent reads - which have mainly been Jodi Picolut - and they do get a bit samey in places! The time travellers wife was pretty good. and i read a great book about two travellers in central/south america - the darien gap - scary stuff!

Oh and films - anyone seen any good ones? We saw Taken and Gran Torino recently and both really good - well i thought so!

well the twilight movie i watched it, loved it and went out and got all 4 books.

Oh, I just read 19 minutes by Jodi Picoult. That was really good. I've never read anything by her, and i was really impressed. I am reading When You are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris right now, its pretty funny so far. And I just picked up Fool by Christopher Moore. I really enjoyed Lamb by the same author.

Oh, and I have read all the Twilight books, I really liked them, but didnt care for the film. It didnt seem that they properly captured the feel of the books.

--Kim

I'm currently reading "Before You Know Kindness" by Chris Bohjalian. It took a few chapters to get into, but I love it now. Almost at the end.

If you like mysteries, you should check out Dennis Lehane. He wrote Mystic River and Gone Baby Gone (which is part of a larger series) They are all great and an easy read!

I'm reading Stephen King's "Bag of bones"
    He's wonderful [img]smileys/smilies_46.gif[/img]
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

im reading the maximum ride books by james patterson.they are
    reaaaaallly good.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

I just read My Lobotomy. It was a true story about a boy who's parents paid a doctor to give him a lobotomy for 200 bucks in the 1950's. Very disturbing. I don't know why I am drawn to these books.
    JANNA

I'm reading the Sookie Stackhouse series right now, and Traveling Mercies by Ann Lamott. I've read Traveling Mercies before, but I'm rereading it, which I do a lot with books I love.
    Elizabeth

Oh.. I liked the Sookie novels- very entertaining. I havent seen True Blood yet though, waiting for the DVD's.

--Kim

I read 'my sister's keeper' by Jodi Picoult. It made me cry Good book though.

I just spent a week reading David Copperfield, for some reason I've gone really into the classics recently.. but they are kinda heavy.

I LOVE the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett. Just finished reading Thud.

The Shack, very good, thought provoking.

Miles to go...i know, i'm weird. i have this slight obsession with Miley Cyrus. I'm 26 but I still watch disney. [img]smileys/smilies_08.gif[/img]

[img]smileys/smilies_08.gif[/img]

I ADORE the sookie Series!
    I got HBO just for the series lol Which is quite good too. They changed some stuff from the book but the main story is the same

I love vampire romances right now I am reading "Kiss of a Demon King" from the Immortal After dark series

the secret life of bees is very good, it was quite inspiring. i now use honey a lot more than i used to! i does have one mention of v* but it is VERY breif and not bothersome.

I really liked that one, Jools! The movie was good, too, except for one short v* scene. It's right after Dakota Fanning disovers a dead body, and she goes in the woods and does it. It's not too graphic, but you might want to look away right there if you are sensitive.
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

i just read prozac nation, amazing. it's def. a book for people with anxiety!
    "He has not learned the lesson of life who does not every day surmount a fear."