Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

hi everyone, im sorry in advance for the panic that is about to come.

ok so my mom has very very very bad asthma, and tonight she had one of her attacks during it she told me she felt chills. so i helped her through her treatment for about 30 min, gave her tylenol and put her in bed.

i went to take her temp, 100.1 this scares me because i think its the flu i took her temp again later and now its 100.8

i dont know what to do im terrified for my mom because i hate seeing her sick and on the other hand i feel very guilty and selfish because im sitting here worrying about my stupid fears of becoming sick and coming down with what she has

so my questions are, do you think this may be the flu? and since i was spending time with her and helping her out, do you think i will get it??

im so sorry for being so frantic but i really need some advice as im all alone and freaking out as us emetophobes tend to do....so is anyone there??

Hey you should probably move this post to the Private Forum, since you are likely to get more response there. A couple things, I think you are being a great daughter and extremely brave to help your mom. Next, if it is the flu, it doesn't cause v*ing in adults often and I have never heard of it with emets. 100.8 is a fever, but I'm thinking it might be just a bad cold/resp. virus. It could be the flu, but I would think a higher fever might be present.

omg i just took her temp again and now its 103.1 !!!!

now im freaking out worse what is going on i dont know how to help her.

she says she just feels chilled but not achy and no tum prob but still the fever is scaring me she is 56 and not in the best shape b/c of the asthma and im worried for her, is anyone there to talk to im really alone and scared

I'm sorry I didn't see this awhile earlier. I'm going to vote for the flu in this case. Does she have a doctor who can prescribe her tamiflu? If she does and this is <48hrs after the onset of symptoms this may help her tremendously. 103.1 is more in the range I would have expected for a flu case. Even taking care of her doesn't mean you'll get it for sure. There is a post in the private forum where a mom had taken care of her 4 year old daughter through the flu and she never got it. You really need to keep a close eye on your mom for complications as they can be especially serious for people with asthma. Take care,
    JD

I'm just locking because of cross-posting. Please do go over to Private and respond to panzikatink!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.