Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: N* daily?

Hi everyone! This is my first ever post and I'm very excited to have found
    this site and all your support.

So, I am basically n* every single day of my life for about 2 years. Which
    definitely does not help my anxiety. It started when I developed a bad case
    of acid reflux which made me feel awful constantly. I take acid reducers
    twice a day but I still feel sick most of the time. I don't know how much of
    this is do to my actual physical ailments or if I've just gotten so anxious
    about v* that I make myself sick. So... how many of you feel n* on a regular
    basis?

I get n* a lot, unfortunately. I haven't v* since the 1980's but it sucks to get n* all the time.
    Alexis

Hi! Welcome to the site [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

At my very worst i felt n* pretty much all day every day which was miserable but it turned into a vicious circle because i was scared to eat and pretty much lived on cream crackers, which i think in turn was making me n* - when i started eating normally again the daily n* subsided.

I think I do feel n* more than the averag eperson but i can normally work out whats causing it now i.e IBS, PMS, wind etc...which helps reassure me that i'm not actually going to v* so I can live with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

every day [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have the exact same problem!

My doctor diagnosed me with a condition where my stomach produces too much acid. Not a big deal and its not really harmful to me. I just never feel well. She did prescribe me pills, but lately I ran out of refills and I haven't the time to go and see her to get more, so I've been feeling even worse the past week or so.

But I know what you mean when you say you're not sure if you're n* or just anxious.

I do find that when I take my mind off of it, I am put almost completely at ease. What also helps is having someone there with me.
    It gets worst at night.

You're not alone!

I suffer from n* everyday and when it gets really bad such as I've eaten the something small, as don't really eat, it'll get worse and I'm guessing its because I'm thinking about it, and I'll feel like I'm going to and I'll have really bad panic attacks and can't control my breathing. Its a nightmare I'd love to get in touch with someone who managed to overcome this. x