Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: When you last had SV with BOTH D* and V*

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • The diarrhea started first and the vomiting started within an hour

2 22.22%
  • The diarrhea started first and the vomiting started more than an hour later

6 66.67%
  • The vomiting started first and the diarrhea started less than an hour later

0 0%
  • The vomiting started first and the diarrhea started more than an hour later

1 11.11%

Which symptom came first?

If d* came first, how long after did the v* come?

Last time i had an sv* i never had any d* only v*
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

I had pure water d* and the v* started within an hour.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

only v*.no d* at all.
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Just the butt bazooka for me! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] I almost v*ed, but was able to hold off,
    and the nausea came before the diarrhea. Edited by: sdfl
    Life is so worth living.

My last one D* first then my stomach clenched I fought it off that time, Ended up forcing myself asleep then not even fully waking up before I v*ed all over the bed ):
    Life is a wonderful ride.

Mine started with the d*. That went on for a few hours and then I v* about 6 hours after the d* started.

Default Re: when you last had a sv* with v* & d*

You're going back a long time here (see my signature) but I had diarrhea sporadically for about three hours and then I puked. My memory of nausea is less clear, but I think I was nauseated (and dizzy) for at least an hour and a half before I vomited.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Both at the same time, it came on very fast too.

over the years as my children have grown up and brought home sv*, i have caught very few sv*, but when I did, never v*, just d* and n*. the last time i v* with a sv was when I was like 10....26 years ago

When I had what I"m almost positive was fp I had d* and ridiculous dry heaving (like almost 20 minutes straight!). The d* started first, but only by a few minutes....horrible day. When I had what I'm 100% sure was a sv (spread through the house, one person at a time...) I had NO d* and dry heaves twice.

I've not had a D&V bug since I was a small child, I did get food poisoning when pregnant with my second child and that started with quick onset nausea followed by a lot of vomiting. No diarrhoea though

I felt blah in the evening, felt sick for an hr or two. The D* started and within 10 mins I threw up.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I`ve not had a sv with both d & v since I was about 4 or 5 years old, only with food poisoning at 22, but I don`t suppose that counts as a sv.

I haven't had an sv with both symptoms since I was a child. I just had diarrhea with the last one.

I always used to think I had to have d* first before v*, otherwise I wasn't sick. Last year I was proved wrong, I v-ed all night then had d* for the next couple of days

I felt sick for hours beforehand. Starting vomiting at 6 p.m. and wasn't done til 2:30 a.m. Every 20 minutes I vomited. I finally passed out a little after 3 a.m. When I woke that morning (early... maybe 7 or 8 a.m.?), I started with diarrhea that lasted the rest of the day and night. No fever, though. A horrible headache accompanied the diarrhea, unfortunately.
    Jennifer

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it! Nobody said it'd be easy, they just promised IT WOULD BE WORTH IT!"

My Emet Vlog:

Let's bump this classic poll!
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Last time I *V was 9 years ago when I live in Mexico for a year or so.That was when I was seven years old (I am 16 now). I didn't have *D but did have an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach when I woke up that morning. I didn't feel like doing anything because the pain was bothering me. I didn't tell my mom because I was kinda scared to admit that my stomach hurts because then she would treat me as if I am really sick and that would scare me. So then my mom serve me breakfast which I usually would enjoy but when I put my breakfast in my mouth, I felt like I was gonna throw it up. So I spit the food in the garbage but didn't throw up. My mom ask me if i am okay but I lied to her and told her my chest hurts. Later on, we went to buy jump rope that I wanted to buy but I felt my mouth watering a lot so I took lot's of slips of water. When we came home, I had to do my reading homework because school started in 2 hours (In Mexico there are two school house. One in the morning and one in the afternoon. I went to the afternoon one). While doing my homework my mouth started to water so much I was starting to get scare because I didn't know what was going on but then I calm down minutes later. Afterwards I went to finish my homework and about a minute later my stomach ace went away completely away and I was like "what the..." then my mouth became to water like crazy to the point where I got the idea that I am not gonna whatever is gonna happen in a few seconds. So I rush over to my mom and told her that my chested hurts really badly (I lied to her again) and my mom look at me like if I was crazy. Before I can tell her anything else, I *v in her bed. Luckily the*v look like water (not trying to be gross) and it was the only time I *v too. This happen before this fear took over my life completely.

I caught a bug in February, but did not puke. My stomach started cramping and along with that came nausea. Diarrhea followed along, and I had it for hours. I felt like vomiting but it never happened. I did gag/dry heave a bit. I was tired but better the next morning. My step-mom called and told me my sister caught what I had and was very sick... this seems to be the case for me. The only other bug I know of was when I was about 3 and only was sick about 2 times. It was very mild, but not so mild for my family.

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

I was six last time I had it (I don't have a good memory) I remember v*ing for days, didn't have d* but I don't remember how long after my stomach upset the v*ing started. I'm kind of having one of my freak outs though How common is SV or norovirus? I haven't caught it in so long but I remember it being really awful.

Mine started with nausea/shakiness which set off anxiety - making the nausea worse. I think a combination of the bug and my anxiety induced d* then I continued to be n* for several hours. Almost v* 2 times within the hours after this started but was able to hold off. Finally allowed myself to v* (which was actually hard to do because I'm so used to fighting it) and then never had the urge to v* again. I can't remember if I continued to have d* after this or not.