Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

While natural remedies can be helpful, there is no way I would give a child CLAY when they have any form of gastroenteritis. Or anyone for that matter. Good luck keeping it down anyway!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I would never down clay no matter what was wrong lol

A lot of people swear by ACV but I highly doubt I would get that down too

Clay? That's madness! I'd rather give my daughter playdoh. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Life is so worth living.

Those are some strange natural remedies that they suggest for upset stomach :\ I am somewhat well read on herbal medicine, and the most common things that I see for n*, v*, indigestion, etc. are probably ginger, peppermint, and chamomile. I've also used all three of those and found them to be helpful.

Here's another source, if you are interested:
    http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/s...set-002665.htm

Those make infinitely more sense. We even gave our dog ginger when she had a terrible sick stomach and as soon as it touched her tummy (we forced it down with a syringe), she felt instantly better and started drinking water.

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

They were more geared toward the intestines..not the tum.

My "natural health bible" lol has more common rememdies.

i agree with ya on the ginger.I think i will start giving my dog ginger for his tummy issues.

what does ginger ale taste like?

Ginger rules my world! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Let us say it has not failed me thus far.
    Life is so worth living.

Most ginger ale on the market now actually contains no ginger, so if you're trying to help your stomach, a supplement or straight ginger will probably be best.

Ginger ale kind of tastes like unflavored sprite. I like Seagram's ~ it just kind of tastes like sprite minus the lemon lime.

What form do you take the ginger in? I've got some lemon&ginger teabags but don't know if they're gingery enough? Can you do somethign with ginger root or ginger powder?

Which ginger ale is the best to buy?

Ah, Ginger. natures anti-emetic (it also works great for motion sickness) I used to encapsulate ginger myself lol. I'd then take my own ginger pills whenever I felt I needed too..
    Life is a wonderful ride.

Oh and for the ginger ale, I like verners, It's reallly REALLLY strong, Just to warn you!
    Life is a wonderful ride.

Try to find "Ginger Beer" (it's not alcohol btw, just a British thing calling it that.) It's sold in Canada and the USA.

OR you can make your own ginger tea by peeling and chopping ginger root and putting it in a pot, bringing it to a boil, then leaving it to cool/steep OVERNIGHT. Then you can put it in a juice jug and just microwave a cup if you like it hot. Or drink it cold.

Sometimes the gingerale or gingerbeer is too bubbly to help the stomach - but some people let it go flat (blek!)

does anyone here buy ginger caps?

i have a hard time eating/drinking stuff that i don't like and i can tell i won't like ginger lol.