Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: what would you rather do?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • trade in this phobia for another one?

29 93.55%
  • keep this phobia for another 20 years?

2 6.45%

i think that i would trade off. just wondering.

I'd rather have a phobia of water...like swimming!
    Facebook: Kayla Rose Matheney

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'd rather have a phobia of mustard than this!

It would depend what I would be trading with...would we get to choose what we trade it with? lol

I would rather have phobia of pregnancy, obesity or cancer than this one
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell91356
    I'd rather have a phobia of mustard than this!

OMG! I hate mustard. It grosses me out so much. The look of it and the smell of it. My boyfriend loves it. He will leave a little bit on his plate and put it in the sink. When I rinse them off to put them in the dish washer I have to try my best to hold back gagging. My Bf thinks its funny! So maybe I do have a small mustard phobia. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

I said trade it but it depends what for. I'd rather this
    fear then say, well, I don't know, but I'm sure there
    are fears worse than this one somewhere... but I'd much
    rather have a 'normal' fear like spiders or heights than
    this one!

I'd rather have a phobia of something i'm not likely to come accross in day to day life such as snakes, so it'd only be a problemin a desert or a zoo [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I think I'd rather have a phobia of glaciers or something. There's one scary
    sight I'll never have to witness! (Then watch, my family wants to go to
    Greenland). [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Life is so worth living.

I would trade, as long as it would be something I could see and prevent exposure to, like spiders. Although there are worst phobias out there than emetophobia (like fear of gravity, or standing.) check out this site: http://phobialist.com/
    \"The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them; that\'s the essence of inhumanity.\"
    -George Bernard Shaw

I'm sure that ALL phobias are bad, however, I would rather have a phobia of something that does not effect me every day. Something like a fear of spiders.

I didn't vote cause I can't decide. I think all phobias are debilitating because of the irrational nature of our thinking patterns. Since there are people on this site who have not v*ed in 20+ years, really many of them are more likely to see a snake than to v*, hey I've seen 3 already this spring. So that phobia would be a bade tradeoff for me. I do think this one is particularly bad because we don't have as much control as we would like to think, and you can't just avoid it, you have to confront at least the thought of it.

Yeah i think jkl is right, although some other phobias like a phobia of spiders, etc would i think be less worse because, with this phobia for most of us, its our own bodies we cant escape the feelings like you can run from a spider. It makes it very much more overwelming.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.