Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Do you use them?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 65.52%
  • No

10 34.48%

I love swimming, but I have heard some pool horror stories about viruses residing in them when the chlorine is not as expected. Personally, I still use them and I have not yet had a problem (knock on wood), but I am pretty cautious.

I got very s* last summer and I think it possibly had to do with swimming in a public pool but I still swim in them. I don't have one myself and I love to swim so I'm not willing to give that up. Lol my boyfriend and a friend and I almost got arrested once for sneaking into a gated community and swimming in their pool. When they didn't find any drugs or alcohol on us they let us go though. Uh..anyway....

As long as you don't accidentally swallow any water it should be fine. Also I wouldn't swim in it if it was that nasty luke-warm temperature. I feel like that is just a breeding ground for bacteria.
    Crayon

Generally I usually only swim in the indoor pool at my university. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I feel like the less little kids the better. So many summers when I was a kid I got kicked out of the pool for some other kid v* or #2-ing in the pool. Yuck.

I only use private well chlorinated pools.
    Life is a wonderful ride.

Yep! I love swimming!!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I adore swimming! And as long as I feel the pool is clean enough I will swim
    in it.
    Makes me all excited for summer time!
    Life is so worth living.

I actually worked in a pool for years as a supervisor..i'd have to say the chances of gettin sick from swimming in a pool are pretty much non-existant.With the amount of chlorine we put in there... i dont think so. Plus..if anyone v*s or poops in the pool we'd clean it immediatley, and shut down the pool for the day, as well as put extra chlorine and vaccum the whole pool. tedious process.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

I hate swimming. It has something to do with being thrown backwards off a diving board when I was six by a lifeguard trying to get me to stop being scared of diving. That backfired. I remember one time some kid v*ed in the pool and my arm was inches from it.

i LOVE swimming although at a camp i was at a few summers ago this kid pooped in the pool. was gross.

I don't NOT use them, I just don't go swimming much. I
    get kinda self consious in a public pool.

Quote Originally Posted by icicledreamz
    I actually worked in a pool for years as a supervisor..i'd have to say the chances of gettin sick from swimming in a pool are pretty much non-existant.With the amount of chlorine we put in there... i dont think so. Plus..if anyone v*s or poops in the pool we'd clean it immediatley, and shut down the pool for the day, as well as put extra chlorine and vaccum the whole pool. tedious process.
    Did a little kid crap in the pool? lol

I don't use them only because i have my own pool.

But they're so heavily chlorinated that no germs could live in them, unless they were neglected... I think [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]
    Lauren xx

Default Re: Public swimming pools

I don't, it's been 2 years since i've been on the pool.
    I don't use them cause i have stretch and i'm not satisfied with my looks.
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

Default Re: Public swimming pools

I LOVE going swimming with my friends, and none of us have a pool, so we have to use a public pool. They're so much fun
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.