Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Random question, just wondering how often you guys catch colds, flus, or anything else each year?

On an average year I get two colds, but this year in Feb I got a really awful cold or flu, I'm not sure which.

I wanted to make this an actual poll, but I don't know how to.

I got the flu 2 times this year! And I had one cold. I was literally sick 3 times in 4 monthes this winter was the worst! Before this year I wasn't sick for 3 years so I guess it caught up to me lol =)
    although angels sing of glory greater still,i live in sadness much against my will...

Abbey -- just click the button that says "NEW POLL" at the top. Be sure to read carefully what is your topic and poll question (they are usually the same) and then enter your choices.

Oh and Noey and Abbey, could you be specific about what you mean by flu?

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last time I was sick with cold a few years ago, 3 or 4 maybe.
    And I had a flu only when I was a child.
    My immune system is quite strong))
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

Gumdropper by flu I meant actual flu lol, I had like 103 fever, body aches, runny nose, cough, all around aweful feeling. I even had fever dreams (hallucinations I guess) from having such a hugh fever.
    although angels sing of glory greater still,i live in sadness much against my will...

What I meant was, a 100 - 102 fever for six days straight, unable to get out of bed without feeling dizzy, passing out once because I got up and tried to walk to the bathroom one morning, having an EXTREMELY stuffy and runny nose, and feeling so lethargic and tired I stayed in bed for 6 or 7 days. I'd never caught anything that bad before, I always had been able to get out of my bed, but not that time.

i get sinus infections like once a month during the winter months but **knock on wood** ive never gotten the flu!

I had a cold right on New Years. I get atleast one cold a year.

I get sick CONSTANTLY, though sometimes it is hard to know what is an actual virus, and what is just a result of my constant anxiety. I used to get chronic bronchitis about 4x a year, and your garden-variety flu/fever about as often. I've been "legitimately" (ie, taking a sedative didn't help, so I'm pretty sure it was viral) sick maybe 5 times since January, plus countless stomach problems as a result of my nerves. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I can get up to two mild colds a year. Have not had the flu since 2005. And
    much like some of you, my fever was high. For five days I was trapped in
    bed with a fever of 103. I certainly hope those days are over now! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Life is so worth living.

i have never had flu, and i had a cold when i was in primary school one year..i remember eating soothers all day, it was a nice cold! lol

I never remember having the flu.

Bad head colds usually lasted a few days and only would happen 1 or 2 times a year.

only had 2 stomach viruses.

yay for a good immune system...i would go crazy if it wasn't.

I typically get colds a couple times a year, but sometimes they turn into bronchitis. I don't think I've ever gotten the flu and the last time I got the sv was about 6 years ago
    \"The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them; that\'s the essence of inhumanity.\"
    -George Bernard Shaw

I probs get about 5 colds each year(i get quite a lot cuz i go 2 school) and i've never had the flu *touch wood*. Oh and i havnt been sick for four years.
    xx