Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Amusement Parks

How do you all feel about amusement parks and/or roller-coasters?

Personally, they scare me b/c some people v* while riding on them and if I do go on rides, they're small and I'm scared to eat anything for the next day or so.
    \"The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them; that\'s the essence of inhumanity.\"
    -George Bernard Shaw

Eh, I don't like being near them when they're in use. I don't want to be v*ed on! Lol!
    Life is a wonderful ride.

I hate all rides. Except bumper cars! I really dont even like going to the parks that have rides. I haven't gone in a long time. It scares me to much that I will see someone get sick. I hate that right at the exit of EVERY ride is a trash can. Anyone ever notice that?

Ah they are some of the scariest places, and roller coasters can be terrifying;
    but I cannot help it, I find them to be so much fun, I still ride them! I guess
    viral throw up frightens me more than motion sickness.

So I guess I will still go to amusement parks so as not to miss out on the
    fun. I am just cautious.
    Life is so worth living.

I used to LOVE the theme park.

Since I developed panic attacks and emet, I cannot ride them without feeling trapped and freaking.to me, its not worth the ride if I am not going to have fun.

before i was a bad emet, i would get on this ride spins/goes upside down.They never cleaned the v* spills so as you walk around the cars, there are dried v* spots all over.really gross.

i try to stay away from the kid areas and coasters/rides that lean outwords into the crowd.That all I need, a drive by puker lol

A drive by puker, that is classic!
    Life is so worth living.

i can ride roller coasters as long as they dont go upside down and i had MANY, MANY v* episodes as a child on spinning rides [so i deff dont get that brave] but i havent been to an amusement park in prob 5 years, and thats when my emet barely existed, so now i prob wouldnt go and DEFF wouldnt be able to make myself actually ride one!

i feel like i miss out on so much fun with this phobia :/
    AHH IT SUCKS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ia2006
    That all I need, a drive by puker
    LOL!!!

I have a horror story involving a county fair, a friend with a weak stomach, and a really, really spinny ride. I think that's all I need to say. . . Ugh!

However, amusement parks don't really bother me. I think I'm in the same boat as sdfl; if it's not virally induced v*, I'm not as bothered by it. Not to say that seeing people v* at amusement parks is a walk in the park, but I don't get the same level of anxiety as if I know someone is v*ing from actually being sick. Plus, I have a surprisingly strong stomach, so, while roller coasters & such DO sometimes give me anxiety from the lack of control, I've never so much as felt n* from one.

I don't mind theme park rides at all. I just can't go
    on the spinning cups type rides.

I won't even go to an amusement park, what's the point of paying all that money to get in to spend the day holding everyone elses bags and coats?!

My mum went on the big wheel at the local fair when i was little then spent all night v*, it had affected her ears or something and so I've never even tried getting on a ride (apart from bumper cars) for that reason alone and with the added risk of someone else v* near or on me they are just no go zones.

Quote Originally Posted by paulinek
    I won't even go to an amusement park, what's the point of paying all that money to get in to spend the day holding everyone elses bags and coats?!

thats always me!! when i went to california to visit a friend last year he wanted to take me to disney land bc ive never been and i refused to go bc i knew there was no way i would get on any of the rides! lol

bumper cars = emets best friend

I think the ONLY way I would be able to get on a ride is if the park is closed, and someone trustworthy is behind the controls so If i tell them to stop it...they will stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by ia2006
    bumper cars = emets best friend

I think the ONLY way I would be able to get on a ride is if the park is closed, and someone trustworthy is behind the controls so If i tell them to stop it...they will stop it.

i DO love bumper cars haha

and thats a lot more brave than me....i dont even know if i would get on a ride then

Quote Originally Posted by vixki
    I don't mind theme park rides at all. I just can't go
    on the spinning cups type rides.
    Those were my FAVE ride when I was a child! Now I wouldn't go near them! [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    Facebook: Kayla Rose Matheney

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Although I'm not exactly fond of amusement parks/rides, I still would like to try skydiving and bungee jumping. (It's weird, I know and someone would probably end up having to push me out)
    \"The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them; that\'s the essence of inhumanity.\"
    -George Bernard Shaw

I don't care if somebody v*s but I won't go there myself cause I will v* because of motion sickness
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by lmharrelson
    Although I'm not exactly fond of amusement
    parks/rides, I still would like to try skydiving and bungee jumping. (It's
    weird, I know and someone would probably end up having to push me
    out)

sky diving doesn't feel the same as a roller coaster. my dad said it feels
    like your just laying there. you don't get the same feeling you get on a
    big drop roller coaster.
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

before i became emet, i would go to the amusement parks alot, and go on all the rides..most of the time several times in a row.. I never once felt sick,or scared or anything. but now. I just cant do that anymore. I remenber i went to a carnival in town with my ex a couple years back and we went on this octupus type spinny ride, and i had my head in his chest the whole time wishing it would stop cause i felt so sick. That was scarey. not to mention he literaly forced me onto a ferris wheel. I was crying and screaming my head off.
    I remmeber once i took my little sister on this rainbow ride, and she was young.Iits one of those rides that makes your stomach drop. Im sure you know the feeling. Anyway, she looked like she was about to v* and i was like like if your gonna puke do it that way. I never cared. I wish i was still like that...
    Spinny rides never bothered me either, but i wont dare do it now.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by icicledreamz
    before i became emet, i would go to the amusement parks alot, and go on all the rides..most of the time several times in a row.. I never once felt sick,or scared or anything. but now. I just cant do that anymore. I remenber i went to a carnival in town with my ex a couple years back and we went on this octupus type spinny ride, and i had my head in his chest the whole time wishing it would stop cause i felt so sick. That was scarey. not to mention he literaly forced me onto a ferris wheel. I was crying and screaming my head off.
    I remmeber once i took my little sister on this rainbow ride, and she was young.Iits one of those rides that makes your stomach drop. Im sure you know the feeling. Anyway, she looked like she was about to v* and i was like like if your gonna puke do it that way. I never cared. I wish i was still like that...
    Spinny rides never bothered me either, but i wont dare do it now.

I know how you feel.I grew up going to theme parks and carnivals.We would go almost every weekend and I would have NO problem! we would go on every ride..the more spinny the better.

but now..i would have freaking panic attack and make myself nauseas.

me and my sibling went on the "zipper" aka PURE DOOM for a emet/panic attack/anxiety suffer/claustrophobic when we were the minimal height.I wasn't emet for myself but was worried my brother was going to v*.being stuck in a spinning cage high in the air with someone you think is going to v* is a horrible feeling. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]