Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

The day after tomorrow my bf and I are flying out on vacation, and of course I have a sinus infection.
    So my doctor is aware that I am emetophobic and that I have anxiety, and he gives me thig drug called "Azithromycin" -an atiobiotic for the sinus infection. An hour after taking it, my stomach LUCHED and churned and I started getting n* waves. I immediately gulped down an aitivan and a zofran. I'm feeling better, but I do NOT want to take this medication on vacation and feel like this. I still feel icky and dizzy.
    I read lots of online reviews about this particular med, and people say their anxiety shot through the roof on this, that the nausea was insufferable, they couldn't sleep, and that some of the symptoms didn't go away for DAYS after taking the med. I can only relate that feeling to Compazine (an anti-emetic). Does it's job, but it literally makes me feel like I am going crazy, and it last for two days AFTER I take the medicine..I can't go through this again.
    WTF Doc???
    Anyhow, If you guys have had any successful anti-biotics that have helped you with sinus infections, can you let me know what it was? I am going to ask my doc for something else.

Hi...I will only take amoxicillin and zithromax, which is azithromycin. I have never had a prob. with these. However, I was given Biaxin once and had horrible d* and n*. I would have been in serious trouble if it wasn't for compazine at the time. Maybe you can take it and take your anti-emetic with it? Or ask your doc for something else...good luck.

Well, Z-paks are great. (Azithromycin). Never had any side effects from it. What exactly are you on? There are also a few penicillin based anti-biotics. But some of those have side effect issues. Also certain cepalosporins such as cefdinir(Omnicef) and cephalaxin (forget the brand name lol) I've never taken cephalaxin but the omnicef gave me horrid d* no nausea though.
    Life is a wonderful ride.

Just Azithrommicyn. I dont like..

I would def. avoid anything with the ending "mycin". I personally can't tolerate them - they make me quite sick. But I've had sinus infections a lot and taken other antibiotics for them (don't remember which ones, but ask your doc).
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alright, I have placed a call to my doc and waiting for him to call me back. I don't want to take anything that is going to make me a total nutcase. I'd like no sinus infection, but the extra crap...no thanks.
    Sage, just out of curiosity? What symptoms do you feel when you take anything that ends in "mycin?"