Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Alcohol

So far I have avoided drinking alcohol altogether. But I was just wondering how many of you often v* after having too much to drink, cuz it's really interfering with my social life.

most people v* when they have had too much to drink, but everyones 'too much to drink' is a limit that is different for everyone.

do not be afraid to try alcohol, it will not make you sick unless you drink more than you can handle, or too much in too short of time.

have a drink, but just don't drink it quickly and you should be fine.

to answer your question though:

iv been sick once. how many times have i been drinking? F* loads.

how much did i drink? hmm it wasn't loads, but it was alot in the amount of time i had it in.

i was drinking straight spirit (something you probably won't do anyway) and i had about.. 12 shots in an hour n a half, not a good idea for a complete light weight. i threw up 4 times.

good news? i was so drunk when i was being sick, that i didn't panic, it just happened, it came 'natural' it felt like a normal experience. an experience i can imagine to be for non-emetophobics.

i threw up that same day, it was not the morning after, the next morning though, i felt great, i thought i conquered my fear.

Edited by: kyle1989

I've v* from being drunk twice. And once I made myself because I couldn't
    sleep because I was so sickly drunk. But that was because I WAY overdid it. I
    was too young and stupid to know my limit. The worst time it was me and
    my three friends, and we downed a handle of vodka in like an hour. Stupid.

But I was too drunk to care about v* at all. I just knew it had to be done and
    looked forward to getting it over with and sleeping. Your body always knows
    without a doubt when you're going to be sick, so you just go through the
    motions and don't think about it.

I've never drunk alcohol, so I v*ed from it.
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I didn't drink for a long time as was too scared to in case it made me v*, then i saw friends drinking and thought well hang on a minute none of them are ill with it, so i'll have what they're having and see how I go - and it tirns out i have a very high tolerance to alcohol which isn't necessarily a good thing i suppose, and i'm not condoning or recommending anyone go out and get absolutely paralytic but i have been on occasions and i've never ever once v* from it.

Once about 10 years ago i went to france with two girlfriends for a few nights in a caravan and i lost count of the number of the bottles of wine we drank, we had a lot lot more than normal, and the other two both v* (and i was so drunk it didn't even really bother me hearing it, although i wouldn't go in that loo again for the rest of the trip...) but I didn't v*, maybe to do with being an emet i don't know.

I have felt n* with drink and that has been my signal to stop - and this is the thing, i'm not aware of anyone who has had a few drinks, felt absolutely fine and sober then v* out of th eblue, i think you would have to down loads of drinks in a dhort space of time for it to happen without warning, but if you go steady then you would have toher things like unsteadiness, dizziness and feeling drunk well before any potential v* so you do have time to stop if necessary. And my biggest tip is make sure you always drink on a full stomach, i've gone out and dranks the same amount on different occasions and been really drunk when i did it on an empty stomach and pleasantly merry when i did it after a meal - that makes a big difference.

I'm not a big drinker out of fear of v* and I just don't like the taste of it (which is kind of weird for someone my age [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] )
    \"The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them; that\'s the essence of inhumanity.\"
    -George Bernard Shaw

i never v**becuase i stop myself before i get that bad [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I never had been drunk until last year. It was affecting my social life and I made an effort. I don't drink that much to avoid v*. I moderate myself. I drink until I feel outgoing and not worried. And yes, it was good for me, for my phobia and for my social life. Don't drink what you dont like to drink and don't make yourself sick because of alchool. Just drink a few drinks to make you feel outgoing and happy