I was just wondering, if you're partnered, how things are with your significant other concerning your phobia. Are they understanding, or do they become angry and frustrated?

My boyfriend has 4 girls (ages 5, 9, 10, & 14) and I have my 2 sons (3 & 6). He knows about my phobia and has reassured me when I called worrying when one of my boys complained of a tummy ache (his words were, "Well, you get stomachaches but don't always v*, right? So they probably won't 99% of the time."). But he's only seen the effects first-hand a couple times. The first was when we were driving somewhere with all the kids. His youngest had a piece of candy and began choking on it and coughing and g***ing. He pulled over and asked if she needed to t*u. She said yes. I literally jumped OUT of the car, closed the door, and covered my ears, all the while hearing her calling for me. It was real quick and when I got back in, my bf said, "Wow, that really DOES scare you, doesn't it?".

The second time, all of us were together again..I wasn't feeling very well stomach-wise, but he & I had just had an argument, so I figured it was stress. His youngest daughter (again!) complained of a stomachache ... I went outside to smoke and when I came back in, he said she'd v*d all over one of our games (which I totally threw out w/o looking at). She was laying on the chair looking pitiful and I asked him to leave and take her home. I just couldn't deal if she was sick. Turns out we both were - I had a mild sv* with just d* and she v*d all the way home and then some that night. Makes me worry that I may not be able to properly care for HIS girls when/if they are sick.