Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

When you are with someone and you start kissing and
    hormones start flowing, do you get this feeling of nausea?
    Sometimes I get this and I don't know why. I usually have
    to stop what I am doing and breathe for a few mins.
    -Stefanie

\"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.\"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Does anyone know if this is from the hormones? Because it
    DOES go away, but it starts when arousal begins.
    -Stefanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I guess no one feels that way. LOL

Maybe I am just weird.
    -Stefanie

I don't think this is hormones, but I really don't know. My therapist says that my phobia helps me not to force myself into doing things I don't want, and if I learn to listen to my heart and don't do things to satisfy others, I will not feel so sick all the time. If this only happends when you have sex with one specific person and it didn't happend in any earlier relationships, maybe you should question yourself if this person is the right one for you? maybe I'm totally wrong here, but it seems like n* is sort of an "alarm system" that we've created to help us get out of situations. If you think about it, that n* feeling has probably helped you get out of a lot of situations before?
    I sometimes get this feeling, but I also get it in other situations that are satisfying in a way (like sex). When I go to a great music concert or do something I've wanted to do for a long time. It feels like my nerves are damaged in some way, as if the satisfaction and stimulation just becomes too much somehow. I'm also curios about what this might be. If it's something physical I'm thinking more about the nerve system, but what do I know? maybe it's hormones.

Yes I do get that sometimes. I think mine are just my nerves. It's like I start to get worked up and my body feels different then usal wich triggers anxiety wich in turn triggers an upset stomach.

I get so excited it feels like it takes my breath away sort of, which makes me feel like I'm on a rollercoaster where your stomach feels like it drops.. maybe too much adrenaline??

Quote Originally Posted by miralexa85
    I get so excited it feels like it
    takes my breath away sort of, which makes me feel like
    I'm on a rollercoaster where your stomach feels like it
    drops.. maybe too much adrenaline??
    THAT'S what it is. Okay good. I thought I was crazy.
    lol
    -Stefanie

Hum...no, I really like kissing and all but...I don't get aroused. I think there's something wrong with me. I feel...displaced and distant from it all. I can have sex but no matter how much I like the person, I really don't enjoy it, other than for the closeness.

I don't really like sex. The kissing, the being close, having someone hold me, hear their heart beat, take in their scent...that is awesome with the right person.

I'm weird. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

Yes, when I really feel for this person and when I have a first kiss with him I feel slightly sick or even have a panic attack
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

Default Re: Feeling sick when aroused?

I realize this is an old thread, but the feeling being described there might be asexuality. Being asexual means you don't feel sexual attraction towards anyone, and for me, sex is a chore I do to please my partner. It's totally normal, and occurs in about 1% of the population. As a sexual orientation asexuality is not so widely known, but completely legit nonetheless.

Default Re: Feeling sick when aroused?

@laylamommy you might be asexual, even though I'm only 16 for a while I kept thinking why don't I get a crush on anyone and why don't I like to do things with boys like all my friends do but it turns out I'm asexual maybe you should do some research x