Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello,

I just wanted to pass this info on to everyone. There is a great website that can help you determine whether or not to see a movie.

Check out

www.screenit.com/all_titles.html

This website lists all of the sex, violence, drugs in a movie but there is a bonus for emetophobes. Choose any movie and then scroll down to the section called Blood/Gore. It will list all of the scenes that contain vomiting in this section.

It is really helpful.

Carly

Thanks, now I know what movies I won't see. Even if I always wanted to see it. If the movie has a vomit scene in it, I am never going to watch it.

Blessings, Arcta

I was unfortunate enough to watch the first scene in the movie Rules of Attraction and I just knew there had to be a way to make sure I never see anything like that again.

If you haven't seen this movie DO NOT watch it (or at least skip the beginning). I had horrible images in my mind for days and I felt so ill every time they popped into my mind. It is burned into my memory. Horrible![img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

Carly

Has anyone seen the movie, The Doors? I suggest you stay
    away from the begining of that one too. Meg Ryan who played Jim's
    girlfriend v'ed in the begining of the movie and you see everything!
    However the rest of the movie wasnt bad!

Miriam

</font>

Quote Originally Posted by luckistar2

I was unfortunate enough to watch the first scene in the movie Rules of Attraction and I just knew there had to be a way to make sure I never see anything like that again.

If you haven't seen this movie DO NOT watch it (or at least skip the beginning). I had horrible images in my mind for days and I felt so ill every time they popped into my mind. It is burned into my memory. Horrible![img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

Carly

I actually really enjoyed that movie, it's one of my faves!
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

wow thanx for the list - I get so anioxus before seieng a movie - but taht should help alot! thanx

I guess these are more recent movies...but everybody should beware Hitcher

The guy v* like 3 times!

And Dr. Giggles too

I don't know how many of you would watch this but there is a scene in All Over Me. This is a lil lesbian indie film, I love it but there are 2 V* scenes. One where one of the girls is hungover and another when the same girl has taken some pills and another girl makes her throw them up.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I couldn't believe how many vomit scenes were in Angela's Ashes. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Thanks for the link to that site - will put it in my favourites!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I dont get it...I couldnt find where it says no or yes to v* ...
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vomit in movies doesn't scare me, sometimes it makes me cringe but other then that I'm cool. I only really see Horror movies and I see them the DAY They come out so if you have a question about vomit in HORROR Movies (PResent ones or ones from back in the day) Ask me and I'll let you know.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]I still don't get why there is V* in certain movies when it would be perfectly fin without it. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to suck it up sometimes because I really wanted to see some of those.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

Ruby, any discussion of vomiting will be in the "Blood/Gore" section of the review. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

why does there have to be v* in so many movies these days!!?? [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

If anyone cares, I just saw Flicka tonight with a friend, and there were no v* scenes. Definitely a bit of a tearjerker though. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Aww Samara, where's your Samara avatar? *sniff sniff* I watched Fun with Dick and Jane on one of the movie channels tonight. I bet you laughed your arse off when TL's character got all funky-looking from the drug reaction, eh? Couldn't help but think of you, while I waswatching that movie. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Me and my bf have been watching Prison Break all day today and
    yesturday..There were 3 scenes of vomitting in one epizode. Yikes..

You only live once

Quote Originally Posted by longgone
    Me and my bf have been watching Prison Break all day today and yesturday..There were 3 scenes of vomitting in one epizode. Yikes..

thats my fave show....its musta been last season cuz this season there's only been 1 v* part when T-Bag got his hand cut off

Wow... NEVER watch Jackass 2.... So much v*

You can kinda tell when it's coming so I was luckily able to turn away, but they v* in some disgusting ways!