Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

It has been a long while since I have been here. My emet has been up
    and down some times it is worse than others. Right now it is real real
    REAL bad. I just found out that I am pregnant. I know I should be happy
    and don't get me wrong I am happy but at this moment I am terrified. I
    have no idea how far along I am yet because I have not seen an OB yet.
    I just found out 2 days ago. And since I found out I've been so scared. I
    am so scared of getting sick. I am terrified of morning sickness. I am so
    scared of getting sick that I really haven't been eating anything. I think if I
    don't eat I won't have anything to v*. Morning sickness and v* is all I have
    been thinking about. I'm afraid that's all I'm going to think about my whole
    pregnancy and I won't enjoy my pregnancy. I just finished reading the
    discussion and all the posts that were given to Bella when she was going
    through her pregnancy. I am going to try and follow the advice she was
    given. Hopefully I can get myself through the next 9 months. It makes me
    feel better to know I can come here and talk and get advice from people
    who have been or who are going through the samething I am. It's very
    comforting.

First of all congratulations...that's wonderful news. You need to get into see an OB and talk ro him/her about your fears. Problem number one is you need to eat. Your precious little one needs you to take care of your body so they can develop and grow properly...especially now. Tell your OB about your fears, there are many safe antiemetics to take while pregnant. Do some research on herbal cures too like ginger, etc. You may not even get morning sickness, not everone does. You'll probably find if you do get it though the best way to control it is keeping bland carbs in your stomach. Many feel sicker when they don't eat. Keep us posted on your progress and be strong for your baby! Best of luck.

NOT eating is the WORST thing you could be doing! From experience, NOT eating makes morning sickness SO MUCH WORSE!

Ask ANY of the moms on here, and they'd agree...

If you're scared to eat/v* (totally understandable), eat carbs. Crackers, dry toast, ect...Just nibble on them throughout the day. And see your OB ASAP! There are meds out there (Zofran/Phenergan) that are safe for pregnancy and prevent v*ing! There IS hope! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] And we're all here for you anytime!

Good luck! *hug*
    Facebook: Kayla Rose Matheney

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey. Just be happy about your pregnancy! I have 2 kids and survived both pregnancies, 1 regular delivery and 1 C-section with no v*. Of course, my doctor knew my fears and I had antiemetics with me at all times. I also SWEAR by the Relief Band (you can buy one on e bay for around $60-70). Not many people know about these things, but they really do work. And the batteries are replaceable....so you can use it even after the little one comes. And like everyone else has said, NOT eating is the worst thing you could do. Every time I did that, the nausea was SOOO bad. And if you do get nauseated, sour things helped me also, like sucking on Lemonheads. Just a few suggestions. Here's to a happy, healthy 9 months!

Congrats on your pregnancy!!

My first thought when I first found out I was pregnant was "How the h*ll am I gonna handle morning sickness!??"[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]If I survived it, so can you!!

I know it's not "good" not to eat a lot, but when I was in the m/s stage I really could not eat much & even lost about 10 lbs during the first few months. I survived on saltine crackers, water & preggie pop drops!! LOL. Sometimes I would feel worse if I didn't eat, it really sucks at times but try to keep your anxieties at bay by focusing all your mind & energy on the little baby growing inside of you.

Some women don't even have morning sickness... so you may even get lucky & avoid it altogether (my wish for you!!). IF you do get it, it normally goes away after the 1st trimester, so keep hopeful that it won't ruin your ENTIRE pregnancy, and you will definitely enjoy the later months if not the first part (that way MY personal experience both times).

Congrats again!! When is your due date??

Oh... and also - take your prenatal vitamins at night right before bed... sometimes they can make women feel more nauseous, and it helps to have that during your sleep rather than all day! I was also told that IF your prenatals make you TOO sick, you can take flintstones vitamins (the kids chewables!) instead... Just an idea [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]