Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

A girl returned to my class today after v*ing (I think) because everyone was talking about how she has the f* and I'm REALLY scared :| She sits a few desks away from me but I don't know how long she was in the room (if she was at all) before all of this happened. I'm freaking the crap out now and it's really not that fun.

Is the f* a norovirus? That's probably a stupid question but I read the threat about them and it made me feel a lot better, so I was just wondering. Gah, thanks guys

Are you talking about the Flu?
    Usally the flu doesn't make people vomit. It is more like achey and chills and sinus problems.

Are you sure she vomited and then returned to class.

I have no idea, all I know is she came back and everyone was saying that she had it and my emet acted up so now I'm panicking

I read somewhere that there's not actually such a thing as the stomach f* (sorry, I have issues with typing that word) but I don't know how valid that is

I'm not sure what the stomach flu is. I think it is just in your stomach and intestines. Sorry I'm really not sure. I will look it up real quick.....

Ok. Here is what I found....

Stomach virus or Gastroenteritis is otherwise known as stomach flu. Diarrhea is the major symptom of stomach upset.The other stomach flu symptoms such as vomiting and feeling comfortable when stuck in toilet for long hours make a person get upset. Everything happens due to viral infection.

There is tons and tons of info about the stomach flu and what it is. I just wrote stomach flu in google. If you are to scared to look something up I will look it up for you.

it's okay, I wouldn't make you do something like that. Thank you though

I don't mind looking stuff up. As long as I don't have to look at pic's Im fine.

I'm just so scared to get it from her. I don't know if that's even a risk but I'm still having a crazy panic attack over it

Here is some other good info.....

What causes Stomach Flu?

Stomach flu is caused by bacteria, viruses and certain parasites. The bacteria, viruses and parasites can be found in soil, wild and pet animals including birds, and humans.

The stomach flu occurs when the germs enter the stomach. Germs that cause the stomach flu usually enter the stomach by mouth.

How Can I Avoid Getting a Stomach Flu?

Since the stomach flu is often spread by putting germs in your mouth, washing your hands is the biggest way you can avoid getting a stomach flu.

thanks

I don't know, I'm just trying to figure out whether or not I'm at risk.. I don't think so but I'm so damn paranoid

I really don't think you are at risk onless she got sick right next to you. Just keep you hands away from your face and you should be ok [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Well I think she was in the room, left, then came back and people were saying that she was sick, so I guess if she washed her hands it would be okay..

I think you will be fine. Try not to worry. If you worry to much then you will feel n* from the stress of your anxiety. Just try to relax.

I am going to agree with Kellybeth...Norovirus is NOT airborne...the only way it "may" be is if the person is near you and v*s...THEN, "vomitus particles" (sorry for the whole word...) CAN become aersolized (which would make it a "droplet" precaution, NOT an "airborne" precaution...)
    SO...as long as you keep your hands clean, you will be JUST FINE...hope this helps! ;-)

Thank you so much

I'm trying really hard to cope. She didn't v* in the room, I'm not even completely sure if she did. Like I said, all I know is she came back and people were mentioning that she has the f* so I started to get really scared

I guess I'd be okay then.. it's just the fact that she was breathing in the room into all of my air.. but I did read the noro page and it said that you can't catch it from something like that.

I appreciate the help though, I've been trying to cope with this forever

Your welcome.

I hope you don't waste your whole day with anxiety. I know how hard it can be. I too have had this phobia forever and I know how consuming it can be. Im sure you will be fine. Like I said as long as she wasn't ill right next to you, you have little to no chance of getting sick. Plus remember you are not even sure if she got sick or not.

P. S.

Welcome to the site!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]