Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I remember in the height of my anxiety problems I watched a program on tv about fears and phobias, a lot of the quotes stuck with me and I found them to be very useful for describing fears and phobias to other people. Here they are:

"Probably one way to describe panic would be, if you got up and went to work everyday, tried to do your job, came home and tried to live your life. But about 3 times a day there was the possibility you'd be struck by lightening. It wouldn't kill you, but the lightening would kind of hit you on the back of the neck, course right through your body and come out your feet and you never knew during the day when that was going to happen. Well what would happen was you could think of nothing else except when is the time you are going to be hit by this lightening."

"The saddest thing for me about having panic in my life is I am not free, I am not a free person to do what I want to do and to live up to the goals and aspirations I have. I'm not free."

"It's so hard to describe it but basically it's just pure terror, it's just...I'm going to die, there's, I know the reasoning, I know exactly why this is happening, I know intellectually why this is happening. But inside,I'm going to die, it's over. Eventually I can fight that off and understand it, but when that first wave hits that's just the feeling, just pure terror and.....I don't wanna die"

"You have to understand how taxing it is physically to have these. You're just absolutely physically and mentally gone and exhausted" - Kim Basinger

"I'm scared, but I'm gonna do it afraid, I challenge myself with this beyond because you know, when I take my last breath it's not going to be because I'm having a panic attack that's for damn sure." - Kim again hehe

"Someone gave me a piece of paper with a story on it, It's about someone giving someone a task to go to war with fear, and they go and they say 'you know fear I wanna ask you, what can I do to conquer you' and fear took a deep breath and said 'well, my two strengths are I get in your face and I speak VERY loudly' so she said 'well how do I conquer you?' and fear says 'The only way, is...don't do what I say'"
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Oh wow, Nice quotes.
    Life is a wonderful ride.

Those are great!!!