Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well, we were talking about possibly the worst possible subject (Bulimia) and she basically asked us to imagine what it felt like to V*. As you can guess, this did not go over well with me. I even ended ip having to miss a good 10 minutes of Spanish in the nurse's office to calm down. Has anyone else had something like this happen?
    Watch for The Walkin\' Dude

nooooooooooo :'( thats so meeeeeeeeeeeean!!! my gosh! did ur teacher not even THINK that people may have an aversion to imagining that! blooooooomin heck! *hug* stupid teachers eh ....
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

Oh god!!! I wouldve been straight outta there!!! I hat it when things like that happen but big hugs to you xxxxx

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

awww yuck... my biology teacher once sed something along the lines of that....

my heart immediately got faster, i blocked my ears and waited till she'd finished....

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

She knows that I have this, but she forgot to warn me[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] I think, and hope that this is a one time occurance.
    Watch for The Walkin\' Dude

ohmygosh forever I will hate the word BULIMIA!

One time we were watching this video, about, you guessed it, bulima.

Lets just say..

It was an emets worst nightmare.

I feel your pain [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I ususally just go take awalk outsiede when i panic..
    i cant even smoke (even though i love the activity) smokes calm people
    down not me though i have the only when im craving for them otherwise
    when im paniciing they make me worse

one of my professors in college knew i was petrifed of v*ing and he would put pictures on the powerpoint that would trigger me and make fun of me sometimes because of it. it would literally send me into a panic --- it was so not cool at all. it was a class called "learning", which was a class required in my psychology major. it was horrible being made fun of, even though i knew he was doing it not to be mean - but to test my waters of my heirarchal thingie i had to create and turn in for his class - which was all about v*ing... i literally got made fun of for being honest. go figure???

hmm im takeing health next semester...i cant wait [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]but if i was in that situation, i would politelytell my teacher i cant deal with vomit, and if she didnt excuse me i would have just up and left. if they had a problem with it i would hand them my doctors office number.[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    ..:.*Natalie*.:..

\"My strength is in my honosty\"~Fiona Apple

You're luckyto have ateacher understands your phobia (to an extent, anyway)--every teacher whose class I've had issues in has actedunbelievably insensitive and belittling towards mine. When someone throws up in the classroom, all I want to do is get out of there without having to tell my life's story in front of the entire class. Is that too much to ask? To a teacher, apparently, it is. When I was in fourthgrade someone threw up in the hallway just outside the classroom. I was sitting right by the door with my head down on my desk, trying to plug my ears and my nose at the same time. I begged the teacher to close the door, but she wouldn't--it was too hot in the room, she said. SoIaskedher to at least let me move away from the door. Too much to ask, it was!

So I spent the next five minutes sobbing, shaking, and--eventually--loudly hyperventilating, until the teacher told me to "stop disrupting class." And when I tried to explain to her, politely as I could through heavy sobs,that I absolutely cannot handle vomit, she only threatened to send me to the counselor if I didn't stop crying, as if that's supposed to be some form of punishment.

Since then, many variations of this incident have occured throughout my school carreer. They always end in public humiliation. I don't think anyone with any phobia, no matter how irrational it is, deserves to be treated this way.Edited by: juliet

I used to be like that. Just hearing about someone vomiting made my heart race. Now though, my fear has boiled down to this ......... I can talk about "it", even see "it" and it doesnt really affect me. The only time "it" really panics me is if I know, or think that "it" is contagious. Used to, I could stand to see it in movies, or hear anyone talk about it. I can even handle my kids being sick. My BIGGEST fear is me doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by jennyleigh1975
    I used to be like that. Just hearing about someone vomiting made my heart race. Now though, my fear has boiled down to this ......... I can talk about "it", even see "it" and it doesnt really affect me. The only time "it" really panics me is if I know, or think that "it" is contagious. Used to, I could stand to see it in movies, or hear anyone talk about it. I can even handle my kids being sick. My BIGGEST fear is me doing it.

Wow:: that's really great! i wish I could see it in the movies - If I do I freak out and keep getting like visions of it for ages afterwards.

thishappened to me the other day in english..a girl put her hand up and told the teacher she felt really sick, and could she go to the referral area.
    My english teacher, who is the most sarcastic bloke within thebuildingsimply asked her "is it likely that you'll vomit over my classroom?" beforetaking about 10 minutes to find and fillareferralslip..
    i waspretrifiedbecause he took a-g-e-s,ithought it would have been sod's law hadhetaken too long [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

This post is kind of old, but I wanted to say that a lot of the
    professors/teachers that you guys are talking about sound like they
    should have been reported to the Dean or principal. Some of their
    behavior, as educators, is NOT appropriate, and I'm sure the people
    over their head would agree.

I've only had one incident with a professor, and it was in my Intro to
    Psych class. We were talking about (what else) bulimia, and my
    professor got pretty graphic about it. I had a friend in the class who
    knows about my phobia, and she started rubbing my back to calm me down
    and offered me some of her crackers. The professor noticed my distress
    and switched subjects, then asked me after class if v* was a sensitive
    subject for me. I explained my situation, and she promised to keep the
    v* talk to a minimum for the rest of the semester.

That particular prof was a retired therapist, though... So that might
    have had something to do with her being so kind about everything.