Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Not sure if this was posted before..i'm still pretty new. But do you guys have your emet in your dreams? I know in my dreams I'll usually eat something that begin to freak out; like I'm about to go to school or on a long trip. But the funny thing is, I always end up going and everything goes fine, but my heart is just pounding hard in my dream. Now if only I could do those things in real life. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

Well i dont usually dream but when i do its usually has to do with a classmate or something getting sick. I dont know why..I'm usually not in my dreams much.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

--------Edited by: discochic90

I dream about myself vomiting quite often. I am quite relieved after waking up from those awful dreams knowing it was just a dream. Altho its no wonder I dream about that, I worry about myself throwing up all the time. I wish I could stop.

Blessings, Arcta

I would write about my dreams but then I would just get arrested, and none of us want that.....

Sorry, seriously though I do not dream of myself getting sick but I do dream of others getting sick, but in my dreams I don't flip out about it... Strange huh?

yeah im emet in my dreams, altho i know im emet when im dreaming and i tell myself in my dream 'OH MY GOOODDDD!!!!! *has nervous break down kind of thing*' i usually deal with it well in my dreams, even tho i KNOW im scared......if ONLY that was real life! dreams are strange.....
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

Every once in a while I'll have an emet dream, and I'm always scared, and wake up scared and not feeling well. It's always about someone else getting sick, as that's what I'm most scared of.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Oh man this is really strange, I just realized where I had seen it too!!!! I had a dream the other night I am in my kitchen fixing hot coco and this dog islooking at me from the living room, this dream went on forever! Just fixing hot coco, but the dog wouldn't take it's eyes off of me. Just looking at me with it's head slightly cocked to on side. IT IS THE DOG IN 2jo2's avatar.

Man I need to not eat roast beef sandwiches before I go to bed.

I have dreams of V* too. I usually will dream that someone else is throwing up and I am freaking out or I hear someone else throwing up in my dream and I wake up and wonder if it was real.

If I throw up in my dream *graphic* I usually feel like I am throwing up something dry and solid, like a sock and I just cannot get it out. It is really strange. It is like having dry mouth and mouth full of crushed crackers at the same time. Strange.

Carly

hey maybe your dream is telling you something, showing you that you can do the things you want or go places, and you will be fine. write them down, take notice of any little symbols in your dream, it might show you something important

I often dream about throwing up! But it is strange, in my dreams i never feel nauseous than. I just have to throw up in dreams...and it isnīt really bad at all! (of course in my dreams, because in fact I donīt know , how is this feeling to get sick, because it is a long time, 18 years ago since the last time).

In dreams I also see often other people throw up. But it isnīt so bad to me.
    Vergangenheit ist es erst, wenn es nicht mehr weh tut!

The first thing I thought of this morning was this post and the replies. I had a dream about vomiting last night and I definately had emet in my dream.

Little graphic: I was in a classroom (I teach so I am usually in a classroom) and there were 2 other teachers in the room and a bunch of students. I didn't hear anyone get sick but all of the sudden a little girl said that she spit (about kinder age) and another teacher led her out of the room. Someone handed me a roll of paper towels to help clean up. I was terrified but I didn't want to create a scene in front of the kids or teachers so I wadded up a ton of paper towels and just put it over the spot. I was hoping to sneak away after that and then it happened. I lost it in my dream and had to run to the bathroom myself. I woke up a little disturbed. This is one of my worst fears in the classroom and I live it through my dreams every once in a while.

Carly

I dream that I'm in scarry situations - not necesarily because of v* but I feel uncomfortable in some situations. But usually I dont have emet in my dreams - I dream of ppl or myself v* and its ok. wierd.

But I have alot of bad dreams where I'm either trapped somewhere or my mental health is being questioned. I'm only usually scared after the dream - but not during it

When I dream about emet, it's usually everyone around me is sick and I'm afraid of seeing them be sick and also of catching what they have. When I wake up, I have to tell myself that it was only a dream and that no one is really sick.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I get the same Kellybean. I have a dream about someone else being sick and I am worried that I am going to catch it. But then I wake up and tell myself it was just a dream. I do not dream about it very often though - once or twice a month.