Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Do you think you are superstitious?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 54.55%
  • No

6 27.27%
  • Sometimes

4 18.18%

Thread: Superstitious?

I often find myself being 'superstitious'. Not like, in
    a black cat, walking under ladders sort of way (although
    I do always try to spot two magpies) but more in a 'if I
    say this I will jinx myself' way...

Is anyone else like this?

Yes I'm loads better than I used to be, but i still catch myself doing things like....for example, we get lorries coming to where i work and i control the entrance/exit barriers and have to log their details on a register, and say i see a lorry pulling up on the cctv i'll say if i can get the name of the lorry written down before the driver buzzes the intercom i won't be s* - stupid stuff like that. yesterday one buzzed before i'd written the name down, and of course i was fine. I hardly do it now - only normally if i'm feeling a bit queasy or anxious already.

Yes. I am. Like I don't want to say I haven't been sick in ____ years cuz I feel like I will jinx myself. Also I don't like mondays cuz that is the last time I got sick. I also don't likegoing places that someone was sick at. That is all I can think about when I go there!

No, I'm not.
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Totally....anything related to you-know-what...places, dates, times, clothing...anything...

Unfortunately, lol.I think it is crap but I have no other choice with this crazy brain of mine!

I used to be very, very superstitious. Like, I made up rules to follow to keep me from getting sick. An example was when I was really little, like eight years old, I would count how many sweets I'd had that day on my fingers. If I started to exceed my right hand and have to start counting onto my left hand, I'd start to worry (mind you, I love fruity or vanilla sugary sweets, and since they're less likely to rot, I often used them to replace meats or dairy). But, if I'd pooped that day, I could count half a finger less--

And if a friend told me a story about a time they'd had to--you know--I memorized every detail and kept careful check that I didn't do any of the things that they'd done; and if I felt any symptoms similar to what they had, it sent me into panic.

yeah, i always throw salt over my left shoulder when i spill it.

Quote Originally Posted by vixki
    I often find myself being 'superstitious'. Not like, in
    a black cat, walking under ladders sort of way (although
    I do always try to spot two magpies) but more in a 'if I
    say this I will jinx myself' way...

Is anyone else like this?
    I am that way in the Jinxing idea, but I immediately remind myself that thinking that way is silly in my opinion. (No offense to any believers.)

Nope! Not at all man. I have a black kitty who is an outdoor fellow, but he
    has been nothing but a good luck charm. Kind of like my faithful guardian
    when I travel outdoors. So no bad luck!
    Life is so worth living.

Yeah I am pretty superstitious in ways, with certain things I get obsessed. Like the whole "touch wood" thing, I went through a phase of having to go to sleep holiding a pencil so I didn't have to keep getting up to touch the wardrobe all night.

My nan once told me a funny story about superstition though. This was when she was a teenager, and she was walking down the road with her brother, and there was a ladder going up from the road to a window, so she said "no don't walk underneath it!" so her brother walked round the outside, and a paint pot fell on his head....

Really the moral is don't be superstitious!
    "if the good lord had intended us to walk, he never would've invented rollerskates"