Hello everyone!I have been lurking here for some time, reading all of the info & stories. What a supportive group of people you are!

I thought at 1st when I heard of emetophobia, that it was just what I had. But now I'm not so sure.I haven't had time to read everything, so forgive me if something like this has been discussed before.Please feel free to point me in the right direction for info.

While I don't have any fear of v**** - mine or others, I do have an unusual anxiety of my kids v****-ing. It is a constant stress & worry for me, and I have no idea why.I am constantly making sure they have ziplock bags with them in the car or in their backpacks, lunch bags, etc. in case they get sick, and interrogating them all the time - "how do you feel? Are you ok? Does your belly hurt?"

The strangest habit I have with this, is that I make my kids sleep with a bowl by their pillows, in case they get sick during the night.I even take the bowls on vacation with us. I realize this is abnormal to others, and I can't explain it.I just always need to be sure they know exactly where they can be sick if they need to be, to cause the least amount of mess or smell for others.I am constanly monitoring what they eat, and am a nervous wreck if they load up on junk, or or eat to much.Does anyone else have these same anxieties?? It's the worst for me in the evening, I am just always sure one of them will be sick during the night.If one of them even looks funny (to me) before bed, I am wide awake with every noise during the night, just wondering, waiting, stressing our over them v****ing.This is every single night, it's consuming my life.When they are at a friend's for a sleepover I sleep fully dressed with the phone by the bed, anxiously awaiting a call that one of them got sick.I try to avoid sleepovers alltogether because of this.

For example, tonight they are at a baseball game with my husband, about 30 min. away.I'm so nervous that they are eating junk & getting over-excited & wound up, which will cause them to be sick in the car on the way home, or in bed during the night.I won't sleep well tonight, from the anxiety of waiting to hear them being sick.

I don't know what this stems from.One of my sons does v**** more than normal - he has reflux & gets motion sick - so in his 12 years so far we've had numerous v**** incidents, they average about once every 2-3 months.I'm fine once he's actually sick, I can handle seeing it, hearing it, wearing it, and cleaning it up.It's the beforehand that has me a ball of nerves - the anxiery of not knowing when or where.

Can anyone relate??