Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hallo :o)

Hallo everyone.

Newly gathered to the fold today.

Great to find a site like this,i've been involved in mailing lists and a frequent visitor to the GutReaction site before but there's something special about a specific Emet community.

Anyway,i'm Melanie...28,two children and a fella that does his best to be as understanding as possible but sometimes lets his halo slip! LOL

I live on the Sunrise coast in Suffolk,UK and hope,one day when I can get myself together a little more than I do now,to work as a Lab Assistant.

I've been emet for as long as I can remember but didn't suffer badly til I had my first child over 8 years ago.Been a battle of highs and lows since.

Well,enough ramble from me.Looking forward to getting to know you all much better.

Take care...

Hi welcome to the family! I am vaguely new myself here and I know from experience thatyou will find alot of support and help here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <font color=BLUE>I LOVE TO LAUGH!</font>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

heya welcome to our family i went for a look around the gut reaction site, but there was smthing special about this site.. sum special twinkle.. lol.

im glad u found ur way here, hope to speak to ya soon.

btw, im Jen, 16 years old and ALWAYS online! lol

Jen xxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

welcome to the site!
    ♥Stephanie

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

Hey! Welcome to the site . It is nice to have someone closer to my age - sometimes I feel so old here - lol! (I'm 29 btw.)

I hope you stick around - it is great here. I usually post in waves, but you are welcome to email me any time (just click on my profile, and then click to email).

P.S. I'm looking for a job as a lab assitant right now!Edited by: soluene
    Soluene

If you are going through hell, keep going. -Winston Churchill

Yay!! I think that's my age group, too! I am 31 and always feel so OLD here!

Welcome!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I am 32. So I am the old one here. LOL
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

Welcome to the family Melanie!!!! You'll find lots of support, advice, and care here. And you'll probably make a boat load of wonderful friends who are always willing to listen and do what they can to help!

And guys, 100 years old is old,NOTHING less!!!!! So don't think of yourselves as old!!!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Ditto on being older.... I'm 29 and time is zooming way too fast along toward 30... anyways, welcome to the site!! These people have helped me in my struggle with this phobia soooo much. Hope coming here does the same for you! Welcome!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

hi there, its nice to meet you! we always welcome a new member!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Welcome Melanie,

I am even older. I have raised 2 children, even while having emet. Not easy, but doable. Glad to have you with us.
    Debbie

lol, Neha are you going to say that until ur blue in the face?? lol. " 100 is old, nothing less"

tee hee, u no i luv ya really.

Jen xxxxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

You're all puppies - I'm turning 39 in June. And just to be sure that I feel good and old, when I went to see the genetic counsellor about my pregnancy and pre-natal testing, she kept going on and on and on about "maternal age" this and "maternal age" that.[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

Quote Originally Posted by Jenneh

lol, Neha are you going to say that until ur blue in the face?? lol. " 100 is old, nothing less"

tee hee, u no i luv ya really.

Jen xxxxxxxxxxx

Does that answer your question???!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Elizabeth,

What is maternal age?? Is there still hope for me?

Mary

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

WoW!!

Thanks so much to you all for the warm welcome!

I didn't feel old till I came here! LOL[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

I hear you,Giff....having children is definitely do-able.I think many emets get a little bogged down with the TV imagery of pregnancy and child-rearing.This may sound a little funny to those in the UK but believe it or not my role model for emet pregnancy was Carole Smilie!

Still,you cope,one way or another just as you do with every other little trial and tribulation that life has to throw at you.

I'm hoping to cut down my dependancy on my coping mechanisms and thought that joining this community would help.I'll certainly get the support that i've been looking for if the other posts i've read are anything to go by.I don't know about the rest of you but there's only a couple of people who know about my emet,I always feel a little ashamed about admitting to it,especially to those friends who seem to take everything relating to it in their stride (Moi?...Jealous?..Too bloody right!)

You seem like a great bunch,i'm very glad I found you and hope I can contribute positively in the future.

Take Care XxXx
    \"You are a child of the universe,no less than the trees and the stars,you have a right to be here\" Max Erhmann
    esiderata.

Hello

Sorry I'm late replying to this post, but I just wanted to give you a warm welcome to the site

Abi xxxxx
    \"You are beautiful, no matter what they say \"
    \"Too many Years, fighting back tears, why can\'t the past just die? Try to forgive, teach me to live, give me the strength to try\"

Thank you,Abi [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Nice to meet you.

Take care XxXx
    \"You are a child of the universe,no less than the trees and the stars,you have a right to be here\" Max Erhmann
    esiderata.