Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I probably haven't posted in about a year or more but at this point i have nowhere else to turn. I feel as if i might jinx myself here but im taking a chance. i am 23 and have not vomited in my life. dead serious. not including the typical baby spit-up mind you, but once that was clear , i have not. i have experienced food poison, stomach bugs, pneumonia, you say it!...but have still been free. I dont know how or why. i dont know if its physical or im just really good mentally. i have phenergren at hand at all times and my mind control works well. here is where i got into trouble...

im pregnant. yay. im in my second trimester with no morning sickness ( double yay.) heres the problemo.

i have either really bad strep or bronchitis. i dont go to the doc till tom..but i cannot stop coughing up mucous until the point to where i gag. normally, you see, i can stop the feeling of vomiting when i have the control. but the coughing, and gagging are all out of my control and im scared to death.

what do i do??
    Danielle =)

The same thing happened with me recently. I had the flu real bad and it turned into a chesty cough so I took some cough medicine. It really helps to loosen all of the mucous/phlegm and it stopped the gag feeling when I coughed.

And wow, not once in 23 years! I have only done it on two ocassions in my 20 years (one from alcohol).

Yeah I agree with pretendworld, get some cough medicine or something, that should help to stop the coughing being so extreme.

And I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks guys! Turns out i have bronchitis and the Robitussin they put me on ( only thing really since im prego) really helped thin it out to where i can actually cough it up. I think it was more of a panic moment ya know. Thanks alot=)
    Danielle =)